Christian Benteke

Kwan

46 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just like Young, Downing, Milner, Barry, all came back after their big money moves didn't go perfectly...

I would say Barry and Milner made the perfect moves.  Young not so much but has played his part for Utd and Downing obviously was not good enough for Liverpool but played loads more than Tekkers before being flogged.  

20 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Haven't they all won a league title though? Apart from Downing obviously.

Yes, titles, cups, champions league football and looooadsa money. 

Lets not try and convince ourselves they should have stayed :lol:

• Like 3

Young----Barry---------Delph--------Downing

--------------------Milner-------------------

-------------------Benteke----------------

We got £108m ish for that lot but would've liked to have seen it all together.

We would have been insane not to sell Downing for that price. Benteke's sale was also right financially, but the issue was we never replaced him. I think we have struggled to replace Barry for 5 seasons now. 

I'd actually weep if he joined the clubs he's currently being linked with ... West Ham , Leicester etc

he should have had one more season with villa and then gone and joined one of the elite clubs ... Oh well enjoy your bank account Christian 

I'd be surprised if Leicester finish in the top half next season if I'm honest ... But that aside if he isn't mobile enough for Liverpool and can't see him being mobile enough for Leicestershire style of play either 

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I'd be surprised if Leicester finish in the top half next season if I'm honest ... 

Where they finish next season really depends on how well they invest the money they'll get from the PL and the Champions League. 

Â