Christian Benteke

Kwan

3 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

all the criticism he is getting is just pundits not scouting him when he was villa

alan Brazil this morning was slating him for hanging back in the box when crosses come in, he did that every time for villa

carragher and sourness have a go at him every week for being lazy, not pressing the ball up top

if they bothered to watch him at villa this wouldn't have been a surprise to them, instead they just looked at the goals scored ratio and expect him to score the same amount of goals whilst fundamentally changing he's style of play, which at the age of 24 isn't going to happen.

always said Liverpool wasn't the right move for him, expect he will see the season out before being sold to a team like West Ham

In regards to his style and not pressing. Rodgers was on Goals on Sunday the other week. He brought up the fact they lost Suarez and their number one target was Sanchez as he played exactly the same style. Pressing high up the pitch, across the entire back four.

Anyways they never got him so they went for.......Balotelli who doesn't press...at all.

Anyways they got rid of Balotelli and signed Benteke....who doesn't press....at all.

Yet...the style of play remains the same and the style of manager remains the same.

Their whole scouting commitee is a **** joke.

20 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think that's about his level actually. I think he is better than the West Ham's if this world, but not quite at the level required for a Chelsea, or a City. His time at Anfield means he may have to take one step back before getting another "big club" come in for him.

It's funny cause the "step back" to spurs would likely see him playing in the champs league next season. But Benteke definitely seems like a Levy signing. Spurs need another reliable striker especially if they get a top 4 finish. Benteke definitely has the quality, and Levy could likely get Spurs to sell him for a lot cheaper than what they bought him for because Klopp would want the money to sign someone he wants. 

5 hours ago, Czechlad said:

It's funny cause the "step back" to spurs would likely see him playing in the champs league next season. But Benteke definitely seems like a Levy signing. Spurs need another reliable striker especially if they get a top 4 finish. Benteke definitely has the quality, and Levy could likely get Spurs to sell him for a lot cheaper than what they bought him for because Klopp would want the money to sign someone he wants. 

I don't think he'd suit the current Spurs style, as they also press high. Think he could go to Italy, or maybe somewhere like Southampton if they sell pelle

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

The trouble Benteke has is finding someone willing to pay the asking price. Given the fee they paid I'd imagine Plop will want to recoup at least £20m plus and his performances this season may put a few people off paying that sort of figure. 

I said at the time that it was a risk for Liverpool, £32.5m buys you world class, in Benteke they paid that for someone who merely has the potential to be world class. 

17 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Perhaps Mourinho could go in for him if he goes to Urinal?  Not sure whether Liverpool would sell to them though, but they will struggle to make back their money otherwise at this rate.

Mourinho does strike me as the type of guy to have these kinds of epiphanies at the urinal.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chappy said:

Just watched a video of all his villa goals on YouTube, I miss him

I wonder if Spurs will go in for him come the summer. Can see him doing well there or at arsenal. Klopp doesnt seem like a great man manager to me

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I wonder if Spurs will go in for him come the summer. Can see him doing well there or at arsenal. Klopp doesnt seem like a great man manager to me

If it was a straight choice of spending £25m on him or Berahino then you'd take CB every time.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2016 at 16:20, Demitri_C said:

Can see him doing well there or at arsenal. 

Why do you think benteke isnt being picked/suited to play for liverpool? Because i honestly have no idea how you can go identifying his weaknesses, and thinking he will do well at a team which magnifies these weaknesses even more.

Hes just going to look "shit" for any team which is trying to dominate possession and forced to play against deep lines. Unless he wants to be a bench player to come on in the last 10 min when they need to go more direct which is what hes doing for liverpool atm.

Edited by gharperr

On 10/02/2016 at 21:22, Jimzk5 said:

all the criticism he is getting is just pundits not scouting him when he was villa

alan Brazil this morning was slating him for hanging back in the box when crosses come in, he did that every time for villa

carragher and sourness have a go at him every week for being lazy, not pressing the ball up top

if they bothered to watch him at villa this wouldn't have been a surprise to them, instead they just looked at the goals scored ratio and expect him to score the same amount of goals whilst fundamentally changing he's style of play, which at the age of 24 isn't going to happen.

always said Liverpool wasn't the right move for him, expect he will see the season out before being sold to a team like West Ham

Is there something wrong with them criticising him? Hes trying to play for a team and is failing? His weaknesses need to be told, whether its a surprise to to them or not. Thats the whole point of pundits, explaining why things are working or not.  I actually think its the villa fans which just look at goals scored ratio and think he can just go play for any/majority top team just because of it.

Edited by gharperr

Â