Christian Benteke

Kwan

Absolutely loved him at the villa, hope he has a great career, he didn't have to stop with us but he did and he saved us, much better than that snake at Man City when he left too

I kinda disagree regarding Delph in a weird was.  Benteke couldn't wait to get out and wanted out the moment he joined really.  As soon as he had his opportunity he did.  Whereas with Delph the way he left was messy,  but the reason it was messy was because he was conflicted about leaving.  The guy obviously had a love for the club and that's why it was so messy.  He's a complete spoon for the way he went about it,  but I respect the fact that he wasn't desperate to leave in the same way Benteke did.  

• Like 4

Absolutely loved him at the villa, hope he has a great career, he didn't have to stop with us but he did and he saved us, much better than that snake at Man City when he left too

I kinda disagree regarding Delph in a weird was.  Benteke couldn't wait to get out and wanted out the moment he joined really.  As soon as he had his opportunity he did.  Whereas with Delph the way he left was messy,  but the reason it was messy was because he was conflicted about leaving.  The guy obviously had a love for the club and that's why it was so messy.  He's a complete spoon for the way he went about it,  but I respect the fact that he wasn't desperate to leave in the same way Benteke did.  

I think you are being harsh there.  Benteke is an ambitious man and we were quite happy for him to be ambitious when he was a Genk player.  Maybe he could have done better than Liverpool, but like it or not they are a step up from us.  We did OK out of Benteke too, lots of goals, some great memories and we quadrupled our money on him. Without an oligarch or regular Champions League football to pay the bills then buying low and selling high is just the reality of operating in the Premier League these days. 

• Like 2

Yes i made the point at the time. 

• 1 month later...

He isnt flopping though, The manager is a bit clueless and doesnt play him and when he does they dont play to his strengths. Only the most deluded Liverpool fan would think Origi is a better player

rumour is he might be off to Chelsea who should have signed him in the 1st place

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He isnt flopping though, The manager is a bit clueless and doesnt play him and when he does they dont play to his strengths. Only the most deluded Liverpool fan would think Origi is a better player

rumour is he might be off to Chelsea who should have signed him in the 1st place

Would not be suprised if he did go chelsea. Personally I think Arsenal should make a bid for him he would be ideal for them and I think gurantee them the title

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I do still love tekkers, its sad to see him flopping even if its at liverpool. It was highlighted previously liverpools style of play did not suit tekkers and it seems to be whats happened

I have to admit, Im quite pleased that he's flopping and even more glad that he is doing it a Liverpool. He wanted out frim Villa the moment he found some good form. I'd hate to see an ex Villa player banging goals in for that horrible club.

He was well paid at Villa in his time here and as such we owe him nothing for "keeping us up". 

Another thing that baffles me is how people seem to forget his 11 game barren spell last season. He just isn't as good as people make out and I'm glad we got so much for him. Just wish we would have replaced him by now.....

From what I've seen of him at Liverpool he's been so static and his awareness has been really poor. As an example, he was only on the pitch for about 15 minutes against Watford and must have been caught offside about 3/4 times from just standing around, one was from a goal kick. Don't think he'd be a good fit at Arsenal.

I think he would. I think he's better than Giroud but as I've almost certainly said before on this forum, he's just not £30m better than Giroud.   It seems apparent that he doesn't fit into Klopp's plans and it's difficult to see where he would go from Liverpool. Manchester United could probably get some use out of him considering how they are playing at the moment but Liverpool don't do business with Manchester United (though I suspect those days are numbered considering the changes in ownership and management of both clubs), and everybody else who can afford him either doesn't want him or are a rival who Liverpool would be foolish to offload him to. 

Right now he is not as good as Giroud and I don't know whether he ever will be, as penguin has said he is far too static. Sherwood got the best out of him because he played to his strengths but that wouldn't be the case at Arsenal.

12 hours ago, PaulC said:

Right now he is not as good as Giroud and I don't know whether he ever will be, as penguin has said he is far too static. Sherwood got the best out of him because he played to his strengths but that wouldn't be the case at Arsenal.

Hush PaulC, it almost sounds like you're commending Sherwood. :)

Arsenal don't need a new striker.

As far as I can see he's playing more often than not for Liverpool and has scored some goals already even if some of his performances have been nothing to write home about.

He's not the first striker to be signed from a bottom half team and take time to adjust, manager changing hasn't helped either.

It's laughable if anyone thinks he's coming back on here on loan. More chance of Stephen Ireland coming back!

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Giroud has 73 goals in 160 games for Arsenal

Benteke 49 in 100 for Aston Villa the shit Aston Villa

I know what striker I would take any day of the week

Ok its a matter of opinion but its hypothetical anyway. He's going to have to prove himself at Liverpool. If he can't get in their team he wont make the Arsenal one.

Â