Christian Benteke

Kwan

Apparently it is all our fault. He picked up bad habits playing for us & that is why he is not being played. I wish he would have stayed one more season, he would have got a big move after the Euros & you know your manager doesn't rate you when Origi comes on before you .

Edited by Villaninireland

Can't blame him though. Rodgers wanted him and Benteke was likely told he would be the #1 there. Plus he likely got a big payday for this. He just never really suited Liverpool's style of play with Rodgers and Klopp. There are plenty of clubs that will want him. I still think he should go to Leicester. Vardy and Benteke up top could easily be the best pairing in the league. 

• 3 weeks later...

Copping a load of shit on social media for his performance today, not to mention failing to convert his one-on-one chance.

Seems the cameras caught Klopp laying into him too. Watch his go to Juve and score bucket loads again.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

sure the great man manager Klopp has killed his confidence, maybe the fans should worry about their manager who lost a game when 2-0 up 

But, but, he's one of the greatest managers in world football don't you know....

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

I don't know about Champions league Chris. Pogba will leave in the summer.

Well got to the final last season so they're a contenders again in it although the fantastic defensive unit they have will have to be replaced sooner or later.

Sandro and Cuadrado on the wings crossing into Benteke? Plus he has the likes of Marchiso, Kheidira, and Dybala around him. Yea I think he'd do very well at Juve. Only way he goes is if Morata is actually sold to city I reckon though. 

I do think we overate him a little on here based on what we saw in patches at Villa. He's not in the class of a Lewandowski. These big tall strikers are becoming a bit of a dying breed anyway. 

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

is the biggest generalisation on this site

not really though is it stefan...agile/quick/pass the ball >>>>>>>>>>> tall strikers.....although this depends on the league position what you think the teams should aim for to get a striker....

of course we miss him

but no team top team  dont want him because hes SHITE...for them.. (still best striker ive seen at villa)

easily ANIEC..the most over rated player on this forum...hes good. yes...but just no for what he wanted to achieve 

Edited by gharperr

Â