Christian Benteke

Kwan

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Didn't even get on the pitch yesterday?

Jesus. What a waste. Will he even go to the Euros at this rate? Wonder if he regrets his move? 

I'd say almost certainly. Can't see him being there next season. Klopp will want to bring in a striker of his own and Liverpool are already stacked in that department.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Benteke and Ings moved on.

22 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Benteke and Ings moved on.

Benteke may have been told to look for another club already but it wouldn't surprise me if Ings stays for at least another season.  He didn't cost much and he's got unfinished business as injury has basically written off his Liverpool career to date.  

Dunno if he can recover from that injury, it's the third serious knee injury of his career and he's still only 23, but I think Liverpool will give him another year to prove himself. 

6 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Benteke may have been told to look for another club already but it wouldn't surprise me if Ings stays for at least another season.  He didn't cost much and he's got unfinished business as injury has basically written off his Liverpool career to date.  

Dunno if he can recover from that injury, it's the third serious knee injury of his career and he's still only 23, but I think Liverpool will give him another year to prove himself. 

The only reason I suggested Ings is becuase Klopp is notorious for playing 1 up front. He currently has Sturridge, Firmino, Origi, Benteke and Ings. I'd imagine he'd want a striker more suited to his style of play so takeaway Benteke and add his own signing that is 4 strikers plus Firmino. Sounds like a lot to me.

Liverpool love having a bloke who looks about ten years older than he actually is.  I think it's why they signed Charlie Adam. 

xDeSs71.jpg

(he's 25 in this photo if you were wondering)

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

The only reason I suggested Ings is becuase Klopp is notorious for playing 1 up front. He currently has Sturridge, Firmino, Origi, Benteke and Ings. I'd imagine he'd want a striker more suited to his style of play so takeaway Benteke and add his own signing that is 4 strikers plus Firmino. Sounds like a lot to me.

I don't disagree with you from a football point of view, I just don't think they will let Ings go under the current circumstances.  They won't get much for him if they do sell, he'll be happy to be a squad player and I genuinely think he will be given the chance to prove himself. 

Just now, The_Rev said:

I don't disagree with you from a football point of view, I just don't think they will let Ings go under the current circumstances.  They won't get much for him if they do sell, he'll be happy to be a squad player and I genuinely think he will be given the chance to prove himself. 

Yeah, I think he is probably more likely than not to stay if only for the British born quota but I think he is most at risk along with Benteke.

Who knows though!

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

If he'd stayed we might not be going down and he'd probably be first choice for Belgium.

Yep.

There are several games this season that I'm sure we'd have won if we had Benteke.

4 hours ago, S-Platt said:

It's like he has took a year off!! Shame we are going down as I think he may have come back in the summer :(

Just like Young, Downing, Milner, Barry, all came back after their big money moves didn't go perfectly...

Â