Christian Benteke

Kwan

Sad thing is, in a couple of years and a bit of luck, if we hang onto CB we could be competing above Liverpool, if we sell him to them it just won't happen. Same as selling Young, Barry, Cahill and Milner......

He's played for a Paul Lambert team for two and a half years, I'm sure he'd happily "suffer" under Diego Cameron's management there.

I know Atletico are always pleading poverty but they have signed Aguero, Falcao and Forlan in the last 8 years so I'm sure they've got some dosh to be competitive against premier league teams.

They're a very good example to us anyway of a team that loses it's start striker every season, shrugs its shoulders and just gets on with things by signing another world class attacking player especially, Grezimann and Mandzukic came for the Diego Costa money so it can be done as long as you think cleverly. 

He's played for a Paul Lambert team for two and a half years, I'm sure he'd happily "suffer" under Diego Cameron's management there.

I know Atletico are always pleading poverty but they have signed Aguero, Falcao and Forlan in the last 8 years so I'm sure they've got some dosh to be competitive against premier league teams.

They're a very good example to us anyway of a team that loses it's start striker every season, shrugs its shoulders and just gets on with things by signing another world class attacking player especially, Grezimann and Mandzukic came for the Diego Costa money so it can be done as long as you think cleverly. 

I'd take Grezimann in part exchange 

Bloody Hell, now he's the Atletico manager too. There's having a good day but this is taking the piss!

• Like 1

Yes Tim!! Just seen this:

Sherwood added that there is no chance of his prize asset being sold in the summer, although the future is not so certain for other members of the squad.

"Benteke is going nowhere in the summer, no one can afford him,” said the manager.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9842359/tim-sherwood-says-christian-benteke-is-as-good-as-anyone-in-europe-at-the-moment

Sherwood added that there is no chance of his prize asset being sold in the summer, although the future is not so certain for other members of the squad.

"Benteke is going nowhere in the summer, no one can afford him,” said the manager.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9842359/tim-sherwood-says-christian-benteke-is-as-good-as-anyone-in-europe-at-the-moment

It's a really typical thing for coaches to say to be honest.

If we can get good money for Benteke he should be sold. 35-40m could be well invested in the rest of the squad and even losing Benteke wouldn't be a bad thing if we got that much. 

But We need at least £75m so we can help out Tony Adams with the takeover .

But seriously, i feel a lot happier he's actually come out and said that. Im in the keep at all costs camp. The money means nothing to me id rather have a world class forward playing for us, who knows how long we'll be waiting for the next one!

• Like 3

He will win as many titles at Liverplop and Spuds as he will with the Villa!

He wouldn't be joining them to win titles. He'd be joining to get some cl experience before another move

I think Benteke would suit Chelsea down to the ground and if they showed an interest we should see how we'd get on by asking for £20m cash plus Patrick Bamford. It's a deal that I'd consider possible and one that I think would end up suiting all parties. 

It's a really typical thing for coaches to say to be honest.

If we can get good money for Benteke he should be sold. 35-40m could be well invested in the rest of the squad and even losing Benteke wouldn't be a bad thing if we got that much. 

That's just a defeatist attitude. I'd move heaven and earth to keep him as he's a world class player and we don't get many of them. 

I think Benteke would suit Chelsea down to the ground and if they showed an interest we should see how we'd get on by asking for £20m cash plus Patrick Bamford. It's a deal that I'd consider possible and one that I think would end up suiting all parties. 

Bamford's promising but he's just a kid who's never played a game in the premier league.

Now 25m + Loic Remy, I think we might have a deal there although Remy will probably be looking to join a club just below Chelsea's level.

Â