So, so happy with Tom Fox's comments about Benteke getting a new contract

Doesn't mean he'll accept of course.

Agreed, i think it's a stupid move making it public knowledge in my opinion

why?

why?

It alerts other clubs, i prefer it when we do that kind of business behind closed doors like we did with delph and then announce it when the contract is signed, also like we did with delph

why?

It alerts other clubs, i prefer it when we do that kind of business behind closed doors like we did with delph and then announce it when the contract is signed, also like we did with delph

Delph's contract situation was well known as it ran down in to the final few months. Several statements and comments were made along the way and despite most people's expectations, Delph still signed. Whether our club makes the occasional statement or not, it will not change whether Benteke signs a third contact with us. In any case, a player and his agent typically have more say as to how much publicity is given to contract negotiations, or the lack of.

Benteke is hardly an unknown that has come out of nowhere. Clubs will see his recent performances and record and decide what they want to know about him.

Talk is Liverpool will attempt to sell Sterling for 50m (riiiight) and sign Ings (on a free with tribunial deciding fee), Milner (free) and then Walcott and Benteke as serious cash signings.

Plus whatever they'd raise from getting rid of Borini, Balotelli etc.

why?

Absolute head scratcher

• Like 1

Win win either way.

Love the guy to stay and see how far we can go, but his fee could give us quite a decent war chest to play with. Nice situation to be in really.

why?

Absolute head scratcher
Lol'd

Hope he enjoyed his nandos in the Mailbox this evening - hopefully he's all fuelled up and ready to go.

I thought we stayed hotel pre match nowadays or has that changed with Sherwood's more relaxed approach?

Hope he enjoyed his nandos in the Mailbox this evening - hopefully he's all fuelled up and ready to go.

I thought we stayed hotel pre match nowadays or has that changed with Sherwood's more relaxed approach?

Not sure, hopefully he's not on the run!

Just food for thought for those who think having a war chest is a good thing.

We replaced Yorke with Joachim, Barry with Bannan, Young with N'Zogbia and Milner with Ireland.

Selling your star strikers never improves the team. Liverpool replaced Saurez with Balotelli, Spurs wasted the Bale money on average players.

We could get £100mil for Benteke but it won't benefit us as fans. 

• Like 1

Disagree with the Yorke - Joachim comment. With that money we bought Merson, Dublin, Watson and Stone (?) and had our best unbeaten start to the season for a long time. It can work out.

• Like 1

We should just keep him for one more year as he is integral to our team performance. A good season and he will probably be more valuable at the end of next season, notwithstanding what it will do for us on the pitch.

Â