Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think we should be hanging on for dear life.

But if he's going to go, I just don't want him to go to a upper midtable club like Liverpool or Tottenham.

Losing him will hurt more than losing Barry, Young and Milner. You can't replace a guy who has a knack for scoring. Look at Liverpool this season.

If he's fit all season he's a 20 goal a season striker, easily. If he's doing that with someone else, we'll have to find those goals elsewhere or face another relegation battle.

The myth of agents influencing players... I have friends who are agents. They do what the f they are told...

Yep, i'm sure there is no way ever that an agent has manipulated a player to kick up a fuss to either get a new contract or a move somewhere else. Especially as that agent wouldn't gain any sort of fee for such activities.

Ludicrous talk!

Unless he had that written in as release clause when he signed his new contract

I remember reading that we don't do release clauses at Villa. I think it was from someone at the club, possibly Faulkner. Whilst PF had many critics, his name would have been on Benteke's current contract so I'm not convinced there is a release fee clause or that a minimum transfer fee has been set by the club.

The very fact his agent has surfaced is cause for alarm - it is merely 'statement one' of the agent's PR plan where the final statement is delieverd upon a move for Beneteke and a fat payout for said agent. Ah well, we were never gonna keep him forever, the heartbreaker he is! £40 mill, no less, to a foreign club, and it's a win-win.

Why all the gnashing and wailing ? Surely we all knew he'd be off at the end of the season anyway? It's only when his form was bad that people started to feel like he would stay.  Show decent form and he's bound to be off and in our predicament we needed him to show decent form! Of course he'll be off just get used to it , again.

• Like 1

And it begins 

Sherwood open on Benteke future

rss2.gifThursday 30th April 2015 16:36

• icon-print.gif
  • icon-mail.gif

christian-benteke-tottenham-aston-villa-

Christian Benteke: Future under the spotlight

Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood is keen for Christian Benteke to remain at Villa Park but says he will not stop him leaving in the summer if the club's valuation is met.

Liverpool are the latest side to be linked with the Belgium international, who has returned to form after spending six months on the sidelines with an Achilles injury that ruled him out of last year’s World Cup.

Benteke has scored nine goals in eight games for Villa and although Sherwood admits he would be loath to let him go, he would not stand in the player’s way of securing a dream move elsewhere if a suitable transfer fee was paid.

"It's good news that people are talking about Christian again because he's scoring goals and if he's scoring goals for us, we're happy,” said Sherwood.

"I've no idea what he'd cost, because I don't want to sell him. It would have to be a lot of money for anyone to take him from us.

"He'd be too expensive for a great deal of clubs in the Premier League. But we're not looking to sell our assets and he's certainly one of those.

"If a player doesn't want to play for the club anymore and the club he wants to go to meet the valuation then I think it's always best to let them go."

Benteke could still remain at Villa Park, however, with the player’s agent recently suggesting the striker is focused on continuing to impress his new manager.

"He's enjoying his football and I saw some positive things said by his agent, saying he had not talked to other clubs or seen any interest from other clubs and that Aston Villa were playing the best football out of any team in the league,” added Sherwood.

“I think he was spot on there."

Villa go into Saturday’s home game with Everton just two points clear of the relegation zone, having won only one of their last five league matches.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9829773/Aston-Villa-boss-Tim-Sherwood-keen-to-keep-Christian-Benteke

So, so happy with Tom Fox's comments about Benteke getting a new contract

Doesn't mean he'll accept of course.

true but it shows ambition and that we arent going to **** around with contracts anymore like we did with Barry and Milner etc

Â