Christian Benteke

Kwan

Theres a good camaraderie about the place again, a lot owing to the manager and the impact he's had in the short time he's been here. Everyone is happy, playing for each other and playing with the passion this club deserves.

I hope Timmeh tells Benteke, just look at the likes of Bony now. Another case of a promising career being put on ice. Lukaku the same at Chelsea, though a bit younger then, not given much more than a few cameo appearances to showcase their abilities. These players can all play and be successes at 'big (rich)' clubs, sure, but they will 9/10 be used in rotation and lose their rhythm by not playing every week. Im a believer that these type of players need to be the main man at clubs like Villa, Everton, etc. They will always be much more valued and loved than at any other place, they just have to have faith and patience that success will come at these clubs if they are built properly. Money of course plays a part but I think, should we stay up, he'll be offered another payrise and extension in the summer. But if a generous enough Redmanc or Arsenal bid comes in, and he wants it, he'll go and that will be that.

If he's going to "give us anothet year" then he needs to sign a contract extension this summer. Benteke is a huge financial asset to us, so letting his contract wind down and lose a large percentage of potential transfer fee isnt acceptable in FFP times.

FWIW, I think after his achilles injury and missing eight months, hopefully he will see that he owes us some loyalty too.

I don't think we'd lose all that much, and chances are what we do lose will be made up from higher revenue from league placing of he stays

• Like 1

I think we'll get one more year. He'll score a hat full of goals next season with a team built around him, and if he impresses at the Euros as well he could literally move anywhere. Best move for everyone would be for him to go next summer. 

Agreed with this.

Theres a good camaraderie about the place again, a lot owing to the manager and the impact he's had in the short time he's been here. Everyone is happy, playing for each other and playing with the passion this club deserves.

I hope Timmeh tells Benteke, just look at the likes of Bony now. Another case of a promising career being put on ice. Lukaku the same at Chelsea, though a bit younger then, not given much more than a few cameo appearances to showcase their abilities. These players can all play and be successes at 'big (rich)' clubs, sure, but they will 9/10 be used in rotation and lose their rhythm by not playing every week. Im a believer that these type of players need to be the main man at clubs like Villa, Everton, etc. They will always be much more valued and loved than at any other place, they just have to have faith and patience that success will come at these clubs if they are built properly. Money of course plays a part but I think, should we stay up, he'll be offered another payrise and extension in the summer. But if a generous enough Redmanc or Arsenal bid comes in, and he wants it, he'll go and that will be that.

Yeah I agree, the impression i get is that the players are happy and enjoy playing for TS. They seem to play with more freedom and the players seem to be smiling more than I have seen in a long time. Hopefully Benteke is happy and wants one more season at least.

The Villains midfielder has conceded that Tim Sherwood's side will find it difficult to retain the Belgian striker's services this summer, with Liverpool rumoured to be interested

Aston Villa will find it difficult to keep striker Christian Benteke, according to midfielder Leandro Bacuna.

Benteke has scored eight times in his past six Villa games and has been linked with a summer switch to Liverpool and Manchester United.

And Bacuna said that after speaking to the Belgium international about his future, he knows the 24-year-old could be on his way out.

"I live about one minute from him and go around his place," he said.

"We talk about his future a little bit, but we don't know what’s going to happen. It's going to be hard to hang onto him.

"I don’t know if he is the best striker in the Premier League, but he is definitely one of the best.

"He was injured [earlier this season], he came back, he needed a few games to get back to his best again, and now he is really doing good."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2015/05/04/11418562/hard-for-villa-to-keep-benteke-admits-bacuna?ICID=HP_BN_1

The mention of Liverpool in that article is nonsense. If Benteke ever leaves I do hope it is to a real top club in Europe and Liverpool aren't one of those anymore.

• Like 2

The mention of Liverpool in that article is nonsense. If Benteke ever leaves I do hope it is to a real top club in Europe and Liverpool aren't one of those anymore.

It's Goal, its always nonsense, but as there are quotes I thought i'd share.

The Liverpool link is laughable.

• Like 3

I never want him to go......but realistically if he wants to ,hope the player and us get a good deal.

It would be nice to think we could build a good side around him.

I would always wish him well, should he leave....he is/has been fabulous for us.

I wish the manager and players would shut up talking about him leaving, it just encourages the press to bang on about it.

It would be a travesty if he was sold to Liverpool.

Also 30 million? That is a piss take by todays standards.

I think when he does leave (and it is a question of when in my opinion) I hope it's a full cash deal on a VERY good fee rather than any player added to the deal to lower the fee which I could see clubs trying to do especially with FFP.

Other than that he deserves the very top.

The Villains midfielder has conceded that Tim Sherwood's side will find it difficult to retain the Belgian striker's services this summer, with Liverpool rumoured to be interested

Aston Villa will find it difficult to keep striker Christian Benteke, according to midfielder Leandro Bacuna.

Benteke has scored eight times in his past six Villa games and has been linked with a summer switch to Liverpool and Manchester United.

And Bacuna said that after speaking to the Belgium international about his future, he knows the 24-year-old could be on his way out.

"I live about one minute from him and go around his place," he said.

"We talk about his future a little bit, but we don't know what’s going to happen. It's going to be hard to hang onto him.

"I don’t know if he is the best striker in the Premier League, but he is definitely one of the best.

"He was injured [earlier this season], he came back, he needed a few games to get back to his best again, and now he is really doing good."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2015/05/04/11418562/hard-for-villa-to-keep-benteke-admits-bacuna?ICID=HP_BN_1

Yawn......like Benteke will go to a side that may not get into the CL and has so many gaps in it's squad. If he goes and its not certain it might well be to a foreign side. Lazy lazy journalism as he will want CL football as a bare minimum.

Edited by Harry

I wish the manager and players would shut up talking about him leaving, it just encourages the press to bang on about it.

It would be a travesty if he was sold to Liverpool.

Also 30 million? That is a piss take by todays standards.

If Lukaku was £28m I think any fee for Beneteke will be at least £40m.

Genuinely don't understand people laughing off a Liverpool link.  They'd be a step up for Benteke and I think everyone knows it.

For all their "being shit", they're 4 points off CL football and 26 points ahead of Aston Villa in the league.  A couple of big purchases (Benteke would be one) could easily see them qualify for the CL.  We're absolutely nowhere near that level.

. . . which is also pretty specious, because which of the current top 4 would he actually start games for? Maybe United, if they get rid of RVP this summer. Otherwise, none. Liverpool is to my eyes the most realistic option if he stays in England (of course, he may not). 

It is sometimes ridiculous reading posts on this site about Liverpool, where people allow the fact that they don't like the club to completely colour all of their perceptions about them. They're a big club. I'm sorry if it hurts to hear it, but it's true. They may even still get CL football this season if Yoonited keep imploding. 

Â