Christian Benteke

Kwan

Why would he go to Liverpool and scrap around for the chance of champions league footy every couple of years?

He is better than that tbh!

If he has to go dont go to a team that could be battling with us the next few years. (The off years obviously)

Edited by Nigel

We need to stop being a "selling club" and the line needs to be drawn now before Benteke like Barry, Milner, Downing and Young before him leaves us to make us a lesser side than we were before the transfer happened.  

Different situation, though, as we're now relatively stable financially.  Barry, Milner, Downing and Young were all sold at a profit and not even remotely replaced like-for-like.

If you look at Southampton selling Lambert, Lallana, Chambers and Shaw, for example - they've purchased Pelle, Tadic, Clyne and loaned Alderweireld (sp?) as more than adequate replacements.  That's the sort of thing we (should!) be doing now if we're to progress properly.

That said, the new TV deal may well cover "improvement" costs moreso than player sales now.

• Like 1

Could see Arsenal coming in for him and I think he would do really well there. If they offered 30m it would crazy not to let him go so long as the money is reinvested.

30 million is not even enough to buy his left foot.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Looking at what Man U have done with Fellaini, I can see them coming in for him. It has to be 35 mill or above, he is that valuable. Be very sad to say goodbye but even with ambitious new owners we are years off top 4. Reinvested along with the same amount again from said new owners would give us £70 mill to fix rest of the squad.

He needs to go to a team where he will play week in week out , he's not the sort of player to sit on a bench and then come once the main man is being rested  ..see Bony at City

in that regard Arsenal , Chelsea and City don't need him  .. so possibly United is a likely destination

However ,United may feel the need to go for a bigger name

so if he does go , it maybe he goes to Germany ?

Christian Benteke's agent has played down reports linking the Aston Villa striker with a possible big-money summer move.

Manchester United and Liverpool have been linked with the Belgium international, who has hit form of late to spearhead Villa's revival under Tim Sherwood.

However, Benteke's current contract still has two years to run and Villa are believed to be keen to discuss an extension in the summer.

The FA Cup finalists are still just two points clear of the drop zone and Benteke's agent Eris Kismet says his client is solely focused on the fight for survival.

The 24-year-old has not yet expressed much desire to leave the midlands club and Kismet told Sky Sports News HQ: "At the moment, there is no interest.

"Every player and staff member is concentrated on avoiding relegation, anything else is just a distraction.

"I know everyone wants the same thing because I watch the games and I think Aston Villa are playing the best football in England right now."

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

If we can survive, I think there's a decent chance we could be a top 8 team next season. Benteke is playing well, enjoying his football and is the main man at a pretty big club. I hope he sees sense in staying for at least one more year.

Is this the same agent that convinced him to try leave after the first season?

The same agent who secured him a fat new contract, yes. 

He's a good agent, which means that we're not going to like him and neither will the clubs that deal with him.

Is this the same agent that convinced him to try leave after the first season?

The same agent who secured him a fat new contract, yes. 

He's a good agent, which means that we're not going to like him and neither will the clubs that deal with him.

There are no "good agents" in football.  They're absolute **** scummers.

• Like 1

Â