Christian Benteke

Kwan

Needed for him to deliver today and he didn't. Constantly offside - the one time he wasn't he still couldn't get it in the net and he was flagged.

I think we can forgive him though. 

only if he scores a hat-trick in every game until end of season ;)

Needs to learn how to curve his run and stay onside. Strikers like Inzaghi used to build their careers off of this skill. Even Gabby has the awareness to check his run, it's really frustrating that Benteke seems to neglect that part of his game.

I love him i really do and we'd be down without his goals and hopefully his goals from now and then end of the season keep us up but for the love of god son GET THE **** ONSIDE.

You know that penalty call at the end of the match, the one that the linesman called offside? Well he was on. The tactic worked, the officials broke it.

Players simply can't just "get onside", it doesn't work like that. When you play the line against good, experienced defenders you are occasionally going to get caught. But stay confident in the game plan and maybe it will bear fruit, which it did.

• Like 3

I love him i really do and we'd be down without his goals and hopefully his goals from now and then end of the season keep us up but for the love of god son GET THE **** ONSIDE.

You know that penalty call at the end of the match, the one that the linesman called offside? Well he was on. The tactic worked, the officials broke it.

Players simply can't just "get onside", it doesn't work like that. When you play the line against good, experienced defenders you are occasionally going to get caught. But stay confident in the game plan and maybe it will bear fruit, which it did.

Don't you think some of his offsides are just ridiculous though?

There was one yesterday where he was offside for the entire phase of play, the ball was played out wide to Bacuna, he was offside, Bacuna took a touch, he was still offside, Bacuna waited for Benteke to get onside, and he still just stood there. At no point in the whole phase of play did he get in line.

His reputation cost him in my opinion, it isn't right, in any way, but that's how I saw it.

Chelsea starting with no recognised striker and a 64 year old Drogba on the bench. Would Mourinho be interested in Benteke this summer perhaps!?

They can get in line

I don't think they would be the only club interested

Start the bidding at 30 million

Chelsea starting with no recognised striker and a 64 year old Drogba on the bench. Would Mourinho be interested in Benteke this summer perhaps!?

Possibly but I think with FFP they will look elsewhere and probably get a cheaper option from abroad.

I would say yes tbh. Now Hazard is staying for the next few years he'll be in Mourinho's ear about wanting him to sign his best mate.

Of course the advantage for us is Mourinho won't change his 10 year formation of just one striker if he signs Benteke so he'll be in rotation with Costa like Loic Remy has been this season and Remy really hasn't played all that much.

Said before but I'd much rather he went abroad when he finally leaves up. Someone like Atletico Madrid or PSG where he can play his CL football.

We need to stop being a "selling club" and the line needs to be drawn now before Benteke like Barry, Milner, Downing and Young before him leaves us to make us a lesser side than we were before the transfer happened.  

• Like 2

We need to stop being a "selling club" and the line needs to be drawn now before Benteke like Barry, Milner, Downing and Young before him leaves us to make us a lesser side than we were before the transfer happened.  

Every club in the world is a selling club bar Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Man City and Chelsea. I don't mind the selling of players as long as we get the deal we want, it's about having the ability to recruit the correct replacements. And that's something we have not come close to doing.

• Like 1

Â