Christian Benteke

Kwan

Yorke was quality and went on to do very well at the highest level when he left us, that was a gap of 15 years so in the future someone else will pop up.

We've had some very good strikers in the period between that, Dublin was brilliant in the air but obviously didn't have the all round game and the neck injury limited him at the top level from that point, Carew was excellent for a period aswell, Benteke like when he was on form but wasn't as mobile and the constant injuries restricted him. Then there was Heskey of....o.k I'll stop it

Benteke is a briliant striker, he can score, he can assist, he can link it up with teammates, he's got pace, he can dribble...it's looking inevitable he's outgrowing us now with his performances every week.

Only doubt is when he gets a bad injury or simply loses form, he really loses form and suddenly can't do many of those things, indeed in the later part of Lambert's reign his touch at actually holding the ball up was awful so he can go from one extreme to the other pretty quickly in a season.

You've got to think though serious bids will be coming our way this summer and we won't reject them all.

Not saying we won't get quality strikers in the future but it's unlikely we'll get a player at the same level as Benteke for a very long time. We really struck gold with this guy. What's even more amazing is that he's scored all these goals despite being injured/unfit for probably half of the last two seasons.

Theres an interview on Sky Sports news of Delph and Benteke. Delph mentions that its not only the two of them its everyone else and Benteke says yes and is nodding unable to stop smirking during the whole interview.

Gives me hope that the atmosphere is currently so good he may stay. 

Please stay.

Ill be like a clingy ex checking his highlights and wikipedia page. 

Theres an interview on Sky Sports news of Delph and Benteke. Delph mentions that its not only the two of them its everyone else and Benteke says yes and is nodding unable to stop smirking during the whole interview.

Gives me hope that the atmosphere is currently so good he may stay. 

Please stay.

Ill be like a clingy ex checking his highlights and wikipedia page. 

Link here btw http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/313727/report

He now has 49 goals in 97 appearances, which means he's one goal away from being the first Villa striker to get 50 in his first hundred since (I think) Gerry Hitchens, 55 years ago.

If he were to stay, it would be fantastic to see him and Gabby race to see who would get to 100 goals first. Gabby currently has 84, Christian has 49 - who would your money be on?

• Like 1

I think he'll stay another year. Main reason being its the Euro's in 2016 and after missing out on the WC, he'll want to make sure he's settled and scoring goals.

Maybe wishful thinking, but he really does look as if he's loving it at our place

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/christian-benteke.404126/

Some don't think he's better than Danny Ings or same level! I did chuckle at the can he play midfield comment near the bottom.

"he would be okay for backup/rotation role but i dont think we need him for that.....even if we are buying backup striker of that mould i would rather go for Ings as he is cheaper and they are similar class of players. Dont think he will ever be a top striker as he lacks technical ability

We should aim for a player that is already good enough to lead the line or for a player that will be good enough in future."

Literally the dumbest thing I've ever read

• Like 2

I don't think anybody wants to sell him, but realistically if he wants to go there is no chance of keeping him. He's good enough to play for almost any team in the world.

Sadly this 

the chant 'He scores when he wants' looks almost factual the way he is playing at the moment.

He now has 49 goals in 97 appearances, which means he's one goal away from being the first Villa striker to get 50 in his first hundred since (I think) Gerry Hitchens, 55 years ago.

If he were to stay, it would be fantastic to see him and Gabby race to see who would get to 100 goals first. Gabby currently has 84, Christian has 49 - who would your money be on?

Weiman !

• Like 3

Â