Christian Benteke

Kwan

League goals and appearances since the start of the 2012-2013 season:

Van Persie: (83) 48- 0.57 goals per game.

Aguero: (76) 46- 0.60 goals per game.

Rooney: (73) 41- 0.56 goals per game.

Giroud: (90) 41- 0.45 goals per game.

Benteke: (84) 39- 0.46 goals per game.

Sturridge: (55) 35- 0.63 goals per game.

Dzeko: (80) 34- 0.42 goals per game.

Remy: (46) 25- 0.54 goals per game.

That's compared to strikers apart from Remy who have played in the best teams with the best quality players in the league for the duration of that time. Let's not forget that he was unfit for a large majority of the games last season.

He really is an incredible player who we are lucky to have. Hopefully his goals get us to a Wembley final next week.  :D

• Like 2

Dion Dublin did it consistently in the PL for how many seasons? Played how many games? Signed up by SAF for Man U.

Benteke has done it in fits and bursts-Not even consistently for one full season.

lets give him credit for his performances but at the same time, lets keep things in perspective. The only real links away have come from sideways steps, AC may offer CL football but can they match wages?

To prise him away this season will take big money-Mega money in fact.

Only because of injury. When he's actually been properly fit he's pretty much always been on fire. He had a bit of a dry spell in the middle of this season but he just came back from an ACL injury.

.....whats wrong with Villa building a team around him.

whats with all the defeatist attitudes.

Par for the course on here TRO mate. Had this in his first season then second before his injury and now again. I think that's what sherwood is going to do build a team around benteke he looks contented and nothing in his body language says he'll be off this summer. It will take a huge offer if that was to happen I'd say well over 30 million. Villa hold all the cards. He won't do what he did before and ask for a transfer. Just enjoy him and the villa. I am and if he goes good luck to the lad and as always the club is always bigger than any player. They come and go (and we've had some real great players) but the club and fans live on. Edited by nazvfc
  • Like 2

League goals and appearances since the start of the 2012-2013 season:

Van Persie: (83) 48- 0.57 goals per game.

Aguero: (76) 46- 0.60 goals per game.

Rooney: (73) 41- 0.56 goals per game.

Giroud: (90) 41- 0.45 goals per game.

Benteke: (84) 39- 0.46 goals per game.

Sturridge: (55) 35- 0.63 goals per game.

Dzeko: (80) 34- 0.42 goals per game.

Remy: (46) 25- 0.54 goals per game.

That's compared to strikers apart from Remy who have played in the best teams with the best quality players in the league for the duration of that time. Let's not forget that he was unfit for a large majority of the games last season.

He really is an incredible player who we are lucky to have. Hopefully his goals get us to a Wembley final next week.  :D

Phenomenal stats.

If there was any team that he would join in the Premier League, I'd want it to be Arsenal.

Why is that?
Because they're a team that I actually like and I'd rather he joined them than City or Liverpool.

Also, their system would suit him.

how would arsenal system suit him? Benteke holds onto the ball for farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr too long for him to take giroud place. I dont even think he will start ahead of giroud if he moved to arsenal.  Benteke had qutie a lot of easy quick balls when in possession yesterday and kept trying to hold onto it more or do some odd turn that i could see wenger not really wanting him

Edited by gharperr

He's a fantastic player and there is no reason to cash in on him as he will still be worth a lot of money when the time is right to sell.

It all depends if any offers come in because at 15m-20m it would be pointless, 25-30m might start the club thinking but 35m+ and I guess we starting planing for life without the best centre forward in a Villa shirt that I can recall in my 40+ years of watching Villa. Personally I hope he stay's for the rest of his career as he's a pleasure to watch.

The increased TV revenue will see a big offer come in imo. Just hope we turn everything down. Main hope is that the side are buying into TSs ideas, are enjoying their football (certainly looks like it), and want to play for him.

He must of seen he is playing for the best fans in the world when he walked over at FT yesterday :)

I think Sherwood will fight tooth and nail to hang on to him for another season.

I reckon Sherwood will say "I know you want to play in Europe, but I've only had you for 1/3 of a season. I want you to play a full season under me, to really get your name in the ears of the big teams... But as an incentive to stay, here's a pay rise (with an extra year on your contract).... Deal? Me ol' china!"

Would be great if we gave him a pay rise and he stayed a bit longer but I think he's probably fed up of playing in a relegation battle each year.

I think Tim will make him stay. I reckon he'll make a deal with him along the lines of stay one more season, see how we progress, if it doesn't meet the agreed targets then agree to sell him. Benteke clearly enjoys his football atm. 

I also don't think his next step is going to be a seasoned Champions League club just yet. Calls of Real Madrid and Barcelona are a bit wide of the mark for me. Wolfsburg would be the sort of team I could see him at. An up and coming team with plenty of funds to make their mark in their league.

Â