Christian Benteke

Kwan

The word gets thrown around alot for players who don't deserve it anymore but this guy is World class.

Hes not there yet

When is he there? What do you want?

a full season where he performs for the whole duration

The word gets thrown around alot for players who don't deserve it anymore but this guy is World class.

Hes not there yet

Do world class players not get injured?

Would have to be proven on the biggest of stages e.g. Champs league and/or international tournaments to be classed world class for me. Certainly does look to have the quality to do so though. Sad to say it's looking very likely that this will be his last season here, on to bigger and better things and who could blame him.

• Like 1

Hes not there yet

World class?

Does it over the course of a season, week in week out - saturday, wednesday, saturday, wednesday against the very best.

Perform at world cup or the Euros, the Champions league against the very elite in massive games with the world watching.  Win titles, trophies, individual awards.

That is what world class players do.

I don't want to put Benteke down but he is not world class.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

Hes not there yet

World class?

Does it over the course of a season, week in week out - saturday, wednesday, saturday, wednesday against the very best.

Perform at world cup or the Euros, the Champions league against the very elite in massive games with the world watching. Win titles, trophies, individual awards.

Like Ronaldo...

Oh wait.

Hes not there yet

Do world class players not get injured?

They do, but even when fit Benteke has never been on it the whole time. He was acting like a spoilt brat for a time under Lambert. He's capable of being world class, absolutely, but he needs to show a little bit more before he can truly stake a claim to that particular title. He'll get there, probably not with us, and I'd argue it's impossible for a player to ever reach world class status for a club in the position Villa are right now, so don't take it as a sleight against the player. He's been brilliant for us, particularly in the last few weeks.

• Like 2

Hes not there yet
World class?

Perform at world cup or the Euros, the Champions league against the very elite in massive games with the world watching. Win titles, trophies, individual awards.

Like Ronaldo...

Oh wait.

Don't really understand this, would say yes, exactly like Ronaldo.

World class by definition means amongst the best in the world, so looking at: Messi, Ronaldo, Robben, Zlatan etc

Benteke has done nothing to be mentioned amongst those names, yet.

His next move will be Real Madrid or Barca imho, he is that good.

Good performance all round today, great result, great team performance.

I think there'll be a step between us and that level TBH. Though I hope there's not, because he sure as hell won't be signing for either of them in the summer

• Like 1

My calls for him to be sold in January, were as wrong as any call is likely to be.

you can say that again, you never disappoint!

I would love you to point me in the direction of all my wild shouts, as your post seems to suggest?

Woodytom never disappoints-That is correct.

Benteke is an asset, of this there is no doubt. I see him being compared to the likes of Yorke and McGrath-Not there yet for me, not at Dublins level if the truth be known. Maybe Carbones or Angels but no more.

Great goal today but also a great, early cross from wing nuts. A ball whizzing in at pace and with spin like that only takes the slightest deflection in the right direction to find the net. 

We need to keep hold of Benteke no matter what stupid money offers come in. He is under contract to us and we are Aston Villa so everyone else can go and do one.

Yep and unless he puts in a transfer request he's going nowhere unless a very big offer comes our way. And no villa won't give in to the first offer that's made they'll play hard ball. He will give at least one more year. Sherwood is imo gonna take us places. Nearly all said we'd lose today but deserved to win. Beast looks happy and enjoying his game again.

Â