Christian Benteke

Kwan

Can hardly blame him if he leaves in the summer. His goals have kept us up in Lambert's first season and possibly this season as he's getting back into form. Can't blame him for not wanting to waste his prime years in a club fighting relegation. Just hope it's to a club abroad. Don't think I can handle seeing him play against us.

• Like 1

Would think that with new owners coming in (hopefully) that he won't be allowed to leave in the summer.

It then comes down to allowing him to run his contract down or cashing in, the following summer.

Personally, I'd hope that we can keep him one more season and then grab what we can for him in the following summer. If he ran his contract down though and left for nothing in two years time, I'd be delighted, especially if it were abroad.

If we stay up/win the FA Cup/get a new owner who will bring in some players and would not want to spend around £30 - £40m for a like-for-like replacement or any 2 of these happen he may yet stay with us.

I think it would be best for us and for him if not for his agent if he is with us again next season.      

Edited by John
  • Like 1

If he wants to go there's no point keeping an unhappy player. Unless it is someone with the professionalism of James Milner, which is rare these days.

He is way too good for us and I just hope he goes abroad, couldn't face seeing him bang them in against us.

I wouldn't begrudge him a move to a top team. Hopefully abroad. He is a fantastic talent and his only experience with us has been fighting relegation.

In the meantime, keep banging the goals in Christian!

0.40 goals per game still in the Prem, which considering his injuries/goal droughts is pretty remarkable. 

If you look at this season and last season he's probably only been properly fit for about half that time yet he's still managed 19 league goals. He's remarkable.

I wouldn't begrudge him a move to a top team. Hopefully abroad. He is a fantastic talent and his only experience with us has been fighting relegation.

Agree, when the Dortmund rumours first came out I wouldn't have been that bothered (assuming they met our valuation) I'd probably still watch him, same if he went to say atletico, a good "under dog" team that he was able to make a difference at and I'd be near happy

If he goes to another prem team, like when he was linked to spurs, I'd be gutted, not sure what to make of the ac Milan link, obviously a huge team, but they're shit! Would be interesting to see how we (as a prem team) can compete with Milan

Â