Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think the fact he's still raw and still has the odd poor game might put off the big teams this summer, especially as I'm sure we'll be asking for big money.

Hopefully we can get another year with him but there's no doubt he's off to bigger and better things soon.

Lets just hope that this time the money is spent wisely.

Spot on.

Hope he sticks around for potentially one or even two more seasons but if he does leave this summer it's important we..

a) get a huge fee for him

B ) spend it wisely - not on an Ireland or Given type signing

Edited by dudevillaisnice

I reckon he'll end up at Spurs. We seem to have a relatively good relationship with them in terms of transfers so hopefully a beneficial deal could be struck.

I will be completely heartbroken if he leaves though. I think he's the best player we have had in ages. Watching him is a pleasure

I think the fact he's still raw and still has the odd poor game might put off the big teams this summer, especially as I'm sure we'll be asking for big money.

Hopefully we can get another year with him but there's no doubt he's off to bigger and better things soon.

Lets just hope that this time the money is spent wisely.

Now I have to agree with you. But one thing that might count in our favour is that next year is a World Cup year. He knows he has a place in the starting 11 here. He's even our star. If he goes to another club he might end up on the bench more than he will here and might cost him a place in the belgian starting 11. Might.

I'd hate it if he ends up in spuds. Rather chelsea or arsenal.

Or in another country, which would be the best thing.

He'll be off sooner or later, and fair enough.

Just as long as he doesn't go to Spurs.

Not because I particularly dislike them, but the negotiations between Levy and Faulkner will leave our club embarrassed. 

• Like 1

Doofmund are rumoured to be considering him as a replacement for Lewandowski.  I'm sure that'd be some consolation to select VTers (though personally it'd be as vomit-inducing as any domestic move).

Doofmund are rumoured to be considering him as a replacement for Lewandowski.  I'm sure that'd be some consolation to select VTers (though personally it'd be as vomit-inducing as any domestic move).

This is probably the club I would want him to leave us for. I kind of have a small crush on Dortmund. That said I want us to get a shitload of money for him.

Lawro doesn't reckon he would get into a top 6 side.

The only teams he wouldn't get into IMO is Man Utd and Man City and maybe Liverpool because they have two strikers and dont use a big man up front. He is better than Giroud, Adeybayor and Ba. 

Don't know why but a part of me actually likes it when stories surface of foreign clubs supposedly being in for him. I'd love it if he went to a top European club (providing he didn't want to stay and we got a lot of money out of it) as opposed to someone like Spurs.

If i was advising him i would stay another season. If he continues with the form since the turn of the year he's looking at clubs like Man Utd, Madrid and Bayern rather than Spurs. Its would be tough to move from Spurs to these clubs because the price would be ridiculous. By the way he would walk into that Liverpool side.

I'd just like him to go to whoever gives us the best price.  I'm not sure he'd be an automatic pick at one of the top, top sides so would probably rather it was them, as if he went to Spurs or Liverpool he could do us a bit more damage.

At the moment he has just as much chance of being a one season wonder as the likes of the likes of Santa Cruz and Odemwingie, in other clubs eyes anyway.

Im not so sure we will get the kind of offers both parties will want this summer.

No way is he staying another year. Easily the best player Ive ever seen at Villa Park. (ability wise anyway).

A proper proper footballer that we just dont normally attract. Dwight Yorke possibly at his peak for us performed better but I reckon this lad at his peak will be 3 or 4 times the player of Dwight Yorke.

Â