Christian Benteke

Kwan

I do believe he has some flaws in his game which might cost him a lot if he goes to a big club. To say he had a magnificent game today is bs, he had a vital goal but did several mistakes today as well. Can also lose the ball often and puts himself in bad positions at times. With that said, he is a incredible player, what he chooses to do crucial to how is career will go. His finishing is extremely good, which is the most important thing. Combine that with strength and heading, you have a good striker. But he has some things to work on, so if I was him I would probably stay for until next year but we will see. I do feel that he is a player that should be playing at the top in the future, just hope he won`t take that step quite yet. 

If do have to sell him, I hope we get it heavily reinvested in some new players. 

What about if he actually wants to play regular football, and sees what has happened to Barry, Milner, Young and Downing?  None left Villa to become first team regulars and their careers have stuttered as a result.  Let's not forget Milner, Downing and Young were regular England internationals when they were here and now make the odd squad.

It will depend where Benteke's ambitions lie, in terms of playing football.  If we look like we are going to try and build this year instead of selling, like we did when Liverpool came in for Barry, we might be able to hold onto him and achieve a finish closer to the top six.  That could be enough to attract better players and also provide a good reason to keep players like Benteke here.

The clearout must be close to an end now.  We've scat most of the high earners and the squad is young and improving.  Restoring this team and adding a solid central midfielder and a couple of centre halfs and we should be a fucksight better than we are now, and we are only three points of mid table now.

He is a great player but he does have his weaknesses and areas he really needs to work on. He isn't ready for a Champions League team yet. 

He will be in the near future if he keeps on as he is, though.

I thought he was quiet today by his usualy high standards. He seemed to try and pull on the full backs a bit more as he was losing the battle with Samba. Still got the vital goal and took it well. Genuinely believe it's in his best interest to stay for 1 more season.

I find it strange that we live in a world where a player can sign for a club then leave the next summer. Benteke was a relative nobody before this season. He was putting up decent numbers in an okay league. I think he owes us at least another season. 

• Like 1

Out scoring Rooney , Dzeko, Tevez, Aguero in the premier league, great to see we are getting those goals out of him, especially in the last eight or so games. Must be doing something right and not wasting his goalscoring ability.

I don`t really know anything about him... and to be honest I don`t think he really knows who barry and milner is. He thought we were a london club, doesn't that say enough?

It all comes down to him, if he wants to move then he will probably get it. Question is how much money do we get and how much are we going to spend from that. I would rather have some bigger investment coming this summer with him in the squad, we could become a pretty good team if we were able to do that. All I know is, that boy is not playing out his contract here.

What about if he actually wants to play regular football, and sees what has happened to Barry, Milner, Young and Downing? None left Villa to become first team regulars and their careers have stuttered as a result. Let's not forget Milner, Downing and Young were regular England internationals when they were here and now make the odd squad.

Barry before this season and injuries was an almost definite starter for city.

Milner plays regularly enough and is now under hodgeson a regular starter for England on the right wing (mainly due to his work rate which allows Johnson to overlap).. Both have won a league trophy and fa cup medal... Hardly faltering career move..

As for Benteke, like the rest of the side very much a confidence player... First half got beasted by samba... Then second half went on a run where he beat a couple.. From that moment he was so much better..not his best performance but still vital for us

Today lets face it, in the first half Samba owned him. That is not a slam on Tekkers, it is praise for Samba who was truly immense the first half. As always though Tekkers came through, I was dissapointed when he ignored the open Zog in the second half though and selfishly took a shot.

Will be the best striker in Europe in a few years

That's along the lines of a sgc quote... He is good and could become better with hard work, but i really doubt he'll be the best striker in the world

Good job I didnt type "World" then.

How often has the best striker in Europe not been the best striker in the world? All the best players play in Europe.

Unless you think the title of best striker in Europe is not applicable to South American players who play in Europe?

I think the fact he's still raw and still has the odd poor game might put off the big teams this summer, especially as I'm sure we'll be asking for big money.

Hopefully we can get another year with him but there's no doubt he's off to bigger and better things soon.

Lets just hope that this time the money is spent wisely.

Â