Christian Benteke

Kwan

Why go to Liverpool now when he could arguably have the pick of Europe post euro2016?

Exactly....complete arrogance from a club living on past glories. They are a long way away from being an established top four club. Put simply they don't have the money and FSG have probably learned a lot from watching Randy spunk his family money away.

I really hope that when Benteke goes we:

A ) Get a shed load of money for him

And

B ) We reinvest all, or most, of it into the team

£40m+ would go some way to establishing ourselves as a decent team again, instead of relegation battlers year after year.

As much as I hate to say it benteke will go,when and how much for who nows? But I hope with the money and the gap left, we learn from teams like plop and spuds that the money and replacement is well scouted and of the quality that is needed.

Hasn't Bacca got a  €30m buy out clause and thats a lot for a 28 year old with no sell on value. Great striker but beyond us I think. Isn't there another young Belgium striker around we could buy. Austin wouldn't come cheap. 

There is a young Belgian striker at Brugges. Obbi Oulare

He looks like a young Benteke.

Force a move to Liverpool ..a team who missed out on the top 4 , are losing Gerrard and it seems Sterling.Yes thats the top side he will be forcing through a transfer too ...

• Like 1

He is so good I would let him leave for nothing in 2 seasons just to watch him play that long for Villa

If he managed to have some luck with injuries he'd quite possibly surpass the 100 league goals mark for us.

He is so good I would let him leave for nothing in 2 seasons just to watch him play that long for Villa

Yep.

You can't buy that sort of goalscoring ability if you're a club in our position, and you can't buy that sort of excitement or star power.

If we sell him now, we won't be able to replace him. Unless he forces a move, I'd rather keep him.

If his contract is up after a couple of seasons, we might be playing good enough football that he'll want to stay, or at the very least we'll be a much more attractive destination for players, and the new owners can invest accordingly.

If the choice was Villa or Liverpool, then I could understand it. As much as we hate them, they're a much bigger club than us. They can pay him more, and he 's more likely to win stuff there.

BUT that shouldn't be his choice if he leaves us. If he leaves then his choice should be some of the best clubs in Europe (not all of them before anybody jumps down my throat)

If he settles on Liverpool out of all the choice he'd have I'd be pretty annoyed.

he can do better than liverpool in my eyes. i think he is good enough to play for man united or city and some top champions league clubs

he can do better and i hope he rejects them as they are on the decline

Â