Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Tactical mistake from Lambert to put him on instead of KEA. And it wasn't an easy place to debue in front of a full home crowd. I'm willing to give him another try.

I'm sure we'll all give him a another try but only when we have to. But if it's not working out how expected it should be changed. My problem is never with a player that is playing shit as long as they are trying.

You'd love my playing then  :)

• Like 1

Bacuna was utterly lost for first about 30 minutes but got better, especially on second half. I saw some promise in him but game against Liverpool was very odd choice to give debut, I'd thought he'd be getting debut against Newcastle.

expect him to start in the cup so I hope the crowd haven't made their minds up already, certainly not having it that some of the guys behind me were suggesting that the whole team were poor because of him playing

didn't look ready, not writing him off, there was some decent stuff in there, glided past a couple of players on a couple of occasions, but it was a bit of a dropped bollock by lambert

First half Bacuna was off the pace and we were weak down his right hand wing. Didn't offer good protection for Lowton. Looked new to the league. Towards end of first half and in second half, a lot better. Put some good crosses in, made some good long passes. Made 6 tackles during the match, more than any other player. 

In the second half we made enough chances to equalise. Agbonlahor and Benteke both had excellent chances. Benteke should have scored his, Xabby should have hit the target.

Got better in the second half.

Premier league home debut, villa fans err no mistakes please or your shit oh and your not allowed to be nervous either.

Moaning at fans again? And no gif. Disappointing.

I don't think anyone's said he's not allowed to be nervous or accept that it's his debut. People are commenting on what they saw yesterday.

• Like 3

Looked just as bad as the rest of 'em in the first half. Nervy, head down too much and/or doesn't know his teammates well enough yet, received the ball and passed into space several times in anticipation of movement from somebody, but given how static we were then, nothing was ever actually on so just amounted to giving the ball away cheaply.

• Like 1

yeah if we'd started flying he might have been able to ride his nerves a lot better than he did in a side that just did not turn up for the first 30 minutes. that was probably a shock to him as well as us!

deffo got better, probably Lambert had seen a bit in training that he could offer more going forward than KEA in terms of goal threat playing in midfield. it didn't work but **** it, another day a bit more confidence the rest of the team turn up and he might score from there and make another or something.

early, early days for this lad.

Hindsight and all, but we are allowed opinions after all on a forum. Like many other debutants in front of a home crown he tried to hard to impress. A bit like Tonev when he came on and tried to score from 40 yards out, basically wasting a chance to put people into the box when we had a free-kick in a fine position.

What Bacuna lacked was calmness on the ball, he was a bit hasty and our build-up was very stuttering when he made the final ball. Played into players with two covers on them, meaning we would only lose the ball in the next move. Sometimes to slow on the ball, so people picked him up and stole the ball from him easily.

I cannot comment on his potential ability, that is something for Lambert to have seen, but I think it's naive to put him onto the pitch vs. Liverpool in our first home game of the season. Liverpool are very rigid and organized, we need lots of aggression and harassing in the middle of the park and we didn't get it. Like I said, hindsight, but the two players who let us down yesterday were two of the new players - namely Bacuna and Okore. Bacuna was just poor, whilst Okore was very tidy except for two mistakes that lead to a goal and almost a penalty against. All reports told us Bacuna was a mediocre player at Groningen last season, so why would he go in and make a difference against Liverpool in the Premier League?

Thought he looked poor in the first half but who didn't? much better in the second half though and as with tonev and hilarious(Helenius) just think he will need time to adjust.

Luna and Okore appear the 2 players most ready for the first team right now.

I don't think it's writing him off to say that he was absolutely awful on Saturday, until he moved to RB, when he was slightly better. His inability to pass or control the ball reminded me of NRC... And he didn't do any of the good things big Nige did.

Hope he manages to get over this and kick on!

A very disappointing debut & a very very poor opening 30 minutes. Perhaps he was just trying too hard? In fairness too, nobody played well for us in the first half & we just stood off Gerard & let him run the game.

For me the jury is still out.

I take it the match day sponsors were well & truly pissed for naming him MOTM?

Or did they just pull someones name out of a lucky bag?

A very disappointing debut & a very very poor opening 30 minutes. Perhaps he was just trying too hard? In fairness too, nobody played well for us in the first half & we just stood off Gerard & let him run the game.

For me the jury is still out.

I take it the match day sponsors were well & truly pissed for naming him MOTM?

Or did they just pull someones name out of a lucky bag?

The only reason i can think of as to why he got it is morale tbh, he didnt deserve it.

Reminds me of that scene in Moneyball when all the old guys are shaking their heads when Billy Beene and the guy form Superbad unveil all their proposed signings for the summer.

Haha well Lambert is running a moneyball type operation

'You buy wins, not players' says Lambert/Brad Pitt. lol. Read the book, its great!

Is it true he got MotM???

Only the 'match day sponsors MOTM', which means someone from that company picked it (They probably didn't even watch the game)

They probably watched the Sky coverage where they said that Bacuna was doing lots of covering and making plenty of tackles.