Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Bacuna looked like he's gonna shit his pants against Liverpool but in the two starts in PL he's looked much better, had a good game against Norwich and now played reasonably well against Man City.

I thought he got slaughtered 1st half. - but he wons the fans over by me - for just sticking at it - even though the player he was up against was far superior,,,,

I think that picture shows what we all love about our club. Lambert has given the guy a chance of a lifetime and it looks like he is taking it with a great deal of gratitude.

Seriously couldn't agree more. I think it's the reason Benteke resigned in the end as well. A lot of the players clearly have a great deal of respect for Lambert and want to do well not only for themselves but for him. Thus repaying the faith Lambert has in them.

• Like 4

I think that picture shows what we all love about our club. Lambert has given the guy a chance of a lifetime and it looks like he is taking it with a great deal of gratitude.

Seriously couldn't agree more. I think it's the reason Benteke resigned in the end as well. A lot of the players clearly have a great deal of respect for Lambert and want to do well not only for themselves but for him. Thus repaying the faith Lambert has in them.

Exactly that mate and as much as we get pissed off sometimes I'd rather celebrate the days like these than be some damn glory hunter!

You can tell Lambert commands a lot of respect with the guys, Bacuna probably couldn't help himself.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

They might respect him, but above all i think they all genuinely believe in the guy and, of course, his aspirations for the club.

• Like 2

Love that picture. Really sums up my feelings about this whole project too. 

I've saved it for my personal collection.

Any of Bannan in there?

Leandro... looks like one of the buys and bargains of the season so far. At his last club he must have stagnated and got disillusioned. The chance Lambert has given him has really inspired him and brought out his best form. Fitness permitting I think it will continue. Lambert players have character.

He can play any position and he is like Charles N'Zogbia on a good day going forward. What is there not to like?

Finally someone who can take a free kick!

I have waited years to see someone at VP that can take a good free kick. I believe this is one of his strong points according to people who have seen him holland.

• Like 1

I think rb or wing back is his position.

Don't think he's technically good enough to play further up the pitch but with his athleticism he can defend well and run at players when attacking.

Although I don't think he's technically great his set pieces seem decent.

He was so rapid. There were times where City had space on him and he closed them down no problems. I'm impressed. We were missing a versatile player like him last year. This season the difference is the squad has so much more depth, and I think we will be immensely better off for it.