Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Why would you want to drop KEA, KSV?

Bacuna for me was MOM, kept Redmond quiet, and then Pilkington, kept his position well, defended well, and his pace is essential now that Okore is out.

Keep him in as RB, play Delph, and KEA or Sylla alongside Weimann, and asap by a top quality midfielder, and we have a top 8 team.

Is Redmond being sh*tted on just because he used to be a blue-nose or is there another reason?

Acted like a tw*t throughout his time on the pitch.

Ah right. I watched the game on BT and didn't really pick up on that, however I was watching the game with my mates so didn't notice everything.  :P

Thought he looked very shaky as winger the last time I saw him played, but he looked a lot more assured when being moved back to right-back. Same goes for today, very solid performance. Deserves to be a starter until his for changes.

As for that Redmond guy! He seemed like a complete doucehbag. First time I've watched a match on television and got a complete feeling of dislike towards a player. Wanted to punch him in the face. Didn't realize he had played for the blues until the commentators mentioning it when he got booed off the pitch by the villa fans.

Bacuna played well, can't fault him tbh and looking promising. Him and Lowton fighting for a start can only be a positive thing for us. In terms of Redmond, he acted like he was the dogs bollocks I though. Absolute piece. When he pretended to throw the ball at Bacuna to get some sort of reaction he made himself look like a tosser

Is Redmond being sh*tted on just because he used to be a blue-nose or is there another reason? 

The moment that stood out for me was Bacuna shepherding out the ball for a throw-in and maybe giving Redmond a little nudge to knock him out of bounds. Redmond got all pissy and gave him a shove. Bacuna just laughed at him, which was great.

• Like 2

The moment that stood out for me was Bacuna shepherding out the ball for a throw-in and maybe giving Redmond a little nudge to knock him out of bounds. Redmond got all pissy and gave him a shove. Bacuna just laughed at him, which was great.

It was Tonev who he shoved I think, which made it even more stranger, he actually went out of his way to shove him too.

Didn't get a reaction though so I think it shut him up a bit the clown.

Very good from Bacuna today, seems like right back could be his best position which is mental considering he was usually deployed as a winger but personally felt he played his best through the middle of the pitch.

Best thing about getting our players in when young is that they can adapt and change their game still.

Definitely agree with everybody saying he looked better at RB. I really think Lambo should settle on that as his position from now on so he can develop it. It's good to have a versatile player, but I can't help but think of the "jack of all trades" expression, so it'd make sense to keep him at RB and really work on him becoming solid in that position. It's great to know that  he will be able to step into the midfield to help should he have to if we had a problem with injuries, but Bacuna at RB from now on please  :)  did very well today.

Brilliant today. Nothing flashy just good workmanlike defending. He booted into the stands when shit got real and I like that because too many of our players panic under pressure sometimes. Lowton might struggle holding onto his RB spot based on today.

• Like 1

Bacuna is basically an outstanding athlete with a decent set piece. He's alright on the ball but there's plenty of time for him to learn. In terms of playing RB today, the only issue I really had was that he didn't offer an option on the overlap and I think he came out of our half about twice all game. 

I don't go with this Lowton at right midfield idea. We shouldn't be changing our ways just to squeeze players into the team. If Bacuna came in and did well in that position then he stays in for me. Let Lowton battle for his place like Bennett and Sylla are having to.

Lowton playing right midfield would probably have a knock on effect on Weimann, which would be wrong.