Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Just back from VP and still scrathing my head as to how he got the sponsors man of the match. I thought he was really poor in the first half and looked well off the pace. Improved slightly in the second. Much too early to judge him yet though but for now I would much rather see Sylla start.

Mark didnt see the game but some of the comments about Bacuna remind me of the reactions to KEA's initial matches. Maybe like KEA he needs time? And maybe PL didnt want to destroy Bacunas confidence?
No this was different. KEA was poor in a very poor team but got singled out because he was the new signing.Bacona today was just poor. I'm all for maintaining his confidence but when it's at the detriment of the rest of the team then no. Saying that I think putting him at RB once Liverpool had sat back put him out the way a little.
Maybe i am missing something but in the First half it seemed like the new signing; Bacuna was getting stick when lots of others were all playing poorly - not that different.

Was KEA really that bad though?

Just back from VP and still scrathing my head as to how he got the sponsors man of the match. I thought he was really poor in the first half and looked well off the pace. Improved slightly in the second. Much too early to judge him yet though but for now I would much rather see Sylla start.

Mark didnt see the game but some of the comments about Bacuna remind me of the reactions to KEA's initial matches. Maybe like KEA he needs time? And maybe PL didnt want to destroy Bacunas confidence?
No this was different. KEA was poor in a very poor team but got singled out because he was the new signing.Bacona today was just poor. I'm all for maintaining his confidence but when it's at the detriment of the rest of the team then no. Saying that I think putting him at RB once Liverpool had sat back put him out the way a little.
Maybe i am missing something but in the First half it seemed like the new signing; Bacuna was getting stick when lots of others were all playing poorly - not that different.

Look back at the threads a year ago

Look back at the threads a year ago

No I agree he got ridiculously scapegoated by fans as did Petrov once. But my question is did he actually play as bad as Bacuna did today?

It was cringe worthy to watch.

Cut him some slack. It was his first game in a much better league against a midfield with Steven Gerrard, Lucas, and Coutinho. I remember Westwood having a shocker when he first experienced this league. Hopefully it's a reality check for him after playing some poor opposition in pre-season. I'm sure he'll come good.

Lambert tried to play a 4-4-2, Bacuna on the right wing, it didn't work.

Lowton got hot headed so switched with Bacuna and was subbed for KEA, then leading to us reverting to our usual formation.

Simples.

But why does it take more than 60 minutes to realise this? Top managers act fast. Lambert will be top manager one day but I think he is still very much learning.

Cut him some slack. It was his first game in a much better league against a midfield with Steven Gerrard, Lucas, and Coutinho. I remember Westwood having a shocker when he first experienced this league. Hopefully it's a reality check for him after playing some poor opposition in pre-season. I'm sure he'll come good.

Yeah but when a player is struggling that much surely you put an arm around him and tell him well done but take him off at half time?

• Like 1

Lambert tried to play a 4-4-2, Bacuna on the right wing, it didn't work.

Lowton got hot headed so switched with Bacuna and was subbed for KEA, then leading to us reverting to our usual formation.

Simples.

But why does it take more than 60 minutes to realise this? Top managers act fast. Lambert will be top manager one day but I think he is still very much learning.

Maybe so, but it certainly was more than "he was picked ahead of KEA". It was more like he was picked ahead of Albrighton to be honest.

Yeah but when a player is struggling that much surely you put an arm around him and tell him well done but take him off at half time?

And shatter his confidence even more? You have to have faith in your players. He looked alright at right back in the second half anyway,

• Like 1

And shatter his confidence even more? You have to have faith in your players. He looked alright at right back in the second half anyway,

Come on mate he ain't a child. Taking him off was for his own good as well as the teams. He would have got applauded for his efforts and been fine it with it. Players do get substituted at half time you know. I've seen top managers do 3 substitution at half time when things look really bad.

MOTM was a joke.

I'll give him time certainly but I don't expect him to be a regular as his passing was pretty sloppy throughout. Someone on H&V said it just seemed like NRC was back playing for us, think that is a good early comparison.

We looked much better when KEA came on.

Tactical mistake from Lambert to put him on instead of KEA. And it wasn't an easy place to debue in front of a full home crowd. I'm willing to give him another try.

I'm sure we'll all give him a another try but only when we have to. But if it's not working out how expected it should be changed. My problem is never with a player that is playing shit as long as they are trying.

Agreed. 100% - Also he hadn't particularly shone pre season  - so why did he get the nod today ? - a tough but winnable home game - he could have played in the CC weds ? - Bizarre.

MOTM was a joke.

I'll give him time certainly but I don't expect him to be a regular as his passing was pretty sloppy throughout. Someone on H&V said it just seemed like NRC was back playing for us, think that is a good early comparison.

We looked much better when KEA came on.

Where did that MOTM decision come from ?  - it backfired because everyone just laughed at him - who ever selected that couldn't be serious ?

Think people are being harsh he started poorly admittedly, but grew into the match. Last ten of first half and then when in midfield second half he was a lot brighter and probably the most likely of the midfielders to make something happen. Think he will grow as a player