Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Didn't have a good game and I wouldn't have started him personally, but Westwood didn't have a good game either in regards to our midfield so I'm not going to slate him.

It is a big jump from Holland and I'm sure he'll be better after settling in a bit, a lot to ask throwing him in against Liverpool.

I missed most of the first half, but from what I saw her seemed ok. To me, it just looked like he was new to the team and didn't know where his teammates were, or where they expected him to be. We've seen far worse debuts, let's not write him off just yet. 

Just back from VP and still scrathing my head as to how he got the sponsors man of the match.

I thought he was really poor in the first half and looked well off the pace. Improved slightly in the second. Much too early to judge him yet though but for now I would much rather see Sylla start.

Why is he ahead of sylla? Makes no sense to me

We played 4-4-2 from the start, Bacuna on the right, Westy and Delph in the middle and Gabby on the left. Weimann and Benteke up top. Lowton then started to push Coutinho around so he was subbed off, meaning Bacuna stayed on to switch to right back.

Either way I'm confused as to how Sylla had played no part at all so far, I know he picked up a knock before Arsenal but he was still on the bench for that game.

He really looked like he was getting up to the pace of things, hopefully we'll see him back in the lineup for the cup game.

No surprises to see him trending. I'm not going to say he is shit after one game but as far as debut's go It was pretty pathetic. I honestly think he hindered the whole team. Whenever the ball went out to him I thought we would lose possession. I respect Lambert for looking after his players but when somebody is playing that badly that it is like having 10 players you have to take him off.

Strange one from Lambert today.

Edited by Amo69

Just back from VP and still scrathing my head as to how he got the sponsors man of the match. I thought he was really poor in the first half and looked well off the pace. Improved slightly in the second. Much too early to judge him yet though but for now I would much rather see Sylla start.

Mark didnt see the game but some of the comments about Bacuna remind me of the reactions to KEA's initial matches. Maybe like KEA he needs time? And maybe PL didnt want to destroy Bacunas confidence?

The only decision worse than starting him was the decision to award him with the man of the match award.

Like someone else said Westwood was awful at first. I'm sure he'll offer us more as the season goes on.

It's like giving motm to the kid that was picked last so he wouldn't be upset.

Just back from VP and still scrathing my head as to how he got the sponsors man of the match. I thought he was really poor in the first half and looked well off the pace. Improved slightly in the second. Much too early to judge him yet though but for now I would much rather see Sylla start.

Mark didnt see the game but some of the comments about Bacuna remind me of the reactions to KEA's initial matches. Maybe like KEA he needs time? And maybe PL didnt want to destroy Bacunas confidence?

No this was different. KEA was poor in a very poor team but got singled out because he was the new signing.

Bacona today was just poor. I'm all for maintaining his confidence but when it's at the detriment of the rest of the team then no. Saying that I think putting him at RB once Liverpool had sat back put him out the way a little.

Just back from VP and still scrathing my head as to how he got the sponsors man of the match. I thought he was really poor in the first half and looked well off the pace. Improved slightly in the second. Much too early to judge him yet though but for now I would much rather see Sylla start.

Mike I agree which is why I said it is much too early to judge him yet. I would also say that his poor first half could also have been partly due to nerves as his touch and passing was that poor he looked a little like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

The only thing I would slightly disagree with is that whilst I think KEA has improved I still don't see him as someone who we should be starting regularly if we want to progress and finish top 10 but that is for another thread.

Edited by markavfc40

Just back from VP and still scrathing my head as to how he got the sponsors man of the match. I thought he was really poor in the first half and looked well off the pace. Improved slightly in the second. Much too early to judge him yet though but for now I would much rather see Sylla start.

No this was different. KEA was poor in a very poor team but got singled out because he was the new signing.Bacona today was just poor. I'm all for maintaining his confidence but when it's at the detriment of the rest of the team then no. Saying that I think putting him at RB once Liverpool had sat back put him out the way a little.

Maybe i am missing something but in the First half it seemed like the new signing; Bacuna was getting stick when lots of others were all playing poorly - not that different.