Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Just a really efficient goal all round.

Leo must be rapid as well. You can see him start his run at the beginning of the build up and he outpaces both the ball and the other players to be ahead of the play and in the right place to finish well.

Bacuna1bLong_medium.gif

Counter-attacking without hoofing!

More of that, please.

For me the whole build up and attack to Bacuna's goal and the ground he made up to be there, the positioning, the control, the technique and the finnish were all there and was the move of the day.

Absolutely sublime.

• Like 1

It's more like 10 seconds to be honest. Still rapid though.

His first touch was superb. Showed great anticipation. He knew he was going to wrong foot the defender well before he got that pass.

I wanted him to hit it first time. So glad he had a better brain than me in that situation.

Ruddy's really unlucky to be fair to him, almost a very very good save. Finish was just too good though.

• Like 1

It's more like 10 seconds to be honest. Still rapid though.

His first touch was superb. Showed great anticipation. He knew he was going to wrong foot the defender well before he got that pass.

I wanted him to hit it first time. So glad he had a better brain than me in that situation.

Ruddy's really unlucky to be fair to him, almost a very very good save. Finish was just too good though.

To think that is his weaker foot.

even if he didnt play another game for the club, you have to say bacuna has been unbelievable value for money when you consider we paid less than a million squidleys for him. ill give you that one mr lambert.

God yes.  Genuine threat at set pieces as well.

Such excellent value for money. Picking out and developing this player is one of the best things Lambert has done for us. Huge credit obviously goes to Leo too for settling almost seamlessly into a new league and country, especially after a poor debut where he could've been really put off. Mental toughness Zane seemingly a good deal of passion for the club too. And he has a great song!

Norwich were demoralized already before that goal.

Bacuna and Redmond start pretty equal but Bacuna just wants it more. Weimann also just breezes by whoever that is in the center with little fuss. Villa just wanted it more at that point.

Edited by Kwan

Bacuna is not better than Bertrand, not in a month of Sundays.

better value, maybe. Probably.

But not better.

Anyway, I think a theme of Lambert's signings is that most (emphasis on most) of his signings, even the ones who haven't worked out, will probably have resale value, even profit.

That's one overwhelming positive of his signings. if they don't work out, we can sell them.

Joe Bennet, for example. Say he doesn't improve and we want to move him on. He'll want to go, teams will want to sign him even if he has to drop down a league and we'd probably get back most of what we paid for him, if not more.

The signings aren't Habib Beye's or Stephen Irelands who'll be stuck here on huge wages with nobody wanting them.

• Like 3