Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

A few months ago it was painful watching him be so unsure of when to overlap and looking lost. Game by game he has got better at the role, fair play to him putting the effort in. Now just to make sure he always closes down the crosser when defending and he could possibly have found a set position.

• Like 1

This thread kind of sums up Villa fans and probably the vast majority of football fans in general.

It lurches from ‘he’s shit’ to ‘he’s good’ depending on the performance.

First season in the premier league, 3mill which is ‘cheap’ these days. Currently i reckon we could get 5mill for him as he’s also quite versatile.

• Like 1

Bacuna is not better than Bertrand, not in a month of Sundays.

better value, maybe. Probably.

But not better.

Anyway, I think a theme of Lambert's signings is that most (emphasis on most) of his signings, even the ones who haven't worked out, will probably have resale value, even profit.

That's one overwhelming positive of his signings. if they don't work out, we can sell them.

Joe Bennet, for example. Say he doesn't improve and we want to move him on. He'll want to go, teams will want to sign him even if he has to drop down a league and we'd probably get back most of what we paid for him, if not more.

The signings aren't Habib Beye's or Stephen Irelands who'll be stuck here on huge wages with nobody wanting them.

Agree with the general point but didnt we pay 2-3m for bennett? Theres no way anyones paying that for him. But yes in general its a good point however i think we'd all like to see some slightly more ambitious signings going forward.

This thread kind of sums up Villa fans and probably the vast majority of football fans in general.

First season in the premier league, 3mill which is ‘cheap’ these days. Currently i reckon we could get 5mill for him as he’s also quite versatile.

Thought the fee was much less than £3m.

• Like 1

Didn't he cost £1.5m?

Didn't he cost £1.5m?

£750,000 - £1m is the figures I remember reported.

• Like 1

Bacuna is not better than Bertrand, not in a month of Sundays.

better value, maybe. Probably.

But not better.

Anyway, I think a theme of Lambert's signings is that most (emphasis on most) of his signings, even the ones who haven't worked out, will probably have resale value, even profit.

That's one overwhelming positive of his signings. if they don't work out, we can sell them.

Joe Bennet, for example. Say he doesn't improve and we want to move him on. He'll want to go, teams will want to sign him even if he has to drop down a league and we'd probably get back most of what we paid for him, if not more.

The signings aren't Habib Beye's or Stephen Irelands who'll be stuck here on huge wages with nobody wanting them.

Agree with the general point but didnt we pay 2-3m for bennett? Theres no way anyones paying that for him. But yes in general its a good point however i think we'd all like to see some slightly more ambitious signings going forward.

I don't think it'd be far off that if we sold him.

3mill on Soccerbase, but unsure how accurate that is.

Didn't he cost £1.5m?

£750,000 - £1m is the figures I remember reported.

Yes. Incredible technique, both on his wrong foot. The first touch makes it but there's still a lot to do to finish and it's inch perfect off the base of the post. To be that composed after doing a near Olympic standard pace 80m sprint makes it all the more amazing.

• Like 1

To me he looks a self confident young man and has that swagger about him.

Didn't he say in an interview that he'd taken penalties and never missed one?

Doesn't look like a lot phases him, not always a good thing I know, but he doesn't seem the type of lad who let's his head drop too easily.

• Like 1

To me he looks a self confident young man and has that swagger about him.

Didn't he say in an interview that he'd taken penalties and never missed one?

Doesn't look like a lot phases him, not always a good thing I know, but he doesn't seem the type of lad who let's his head drop too easily.

And that last part will be needed as he was written off by many fans after his debut

Really has upped his game, remember he is only 22 new to the league so his performances will be up and down

I actually think his performances have been pretty consistant since his first run in the team. He had those two bad games against Albion and Fulham and was dropped for a while but other than those, very consistantly solid performances so far.

• Like 1

It's more like 10 seconds to be honest. Still rapid though.

His first touch was superb. Showed great anticipation. He knew he was going to wrong foot the defender well before he got that pass.

I wanted him to hit it first time. So glad he had a better brain than me in that situation.

Ruddy's really unlucky to be fair to him, almost a very very good save. Finish was just too good though.

To think that is his weaker foot.

Obviously it was. Couldn't even lift it off the ground.