Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

His goal didn't impress me as much as tracking back Pilkington in the dying minutes or so. Pilkington probably had a foot on him and Bacuna just turned on the jets to beat him to the ball and clear it.

That gives him the advantage over Lowton any day of the week. You have to have pace as a fullback or disregarding that, good positional sense like Bertrand.

• Like 1

His goal didn't impress me as much as tracking back Pilkington in the dying minutes or so. Pilkington probably had a foot on him and Bacuna just turned on the jets to beat him to the ball and clear it.

That gives him the advantage over Lowton any day of the week. You have to have pace as a fullback or disregarding that, good positional sense like Bertrand.

I'd like to see a race between him and Gabby.

I'd like to see a race between him and Gabby.

I think it would be close to be honest, Bacuna's running style makes him look slower than he actually is too IMO.

Turning into one of my favourite players.

Nothing to dislike about him, works hard and is technically still probably one of our better players despite not being the most naturally gifted player in the world.

Leroy Fer also got a call up before his injury last week.

Actually just looking at the dutch squad and it does like pretty mediocre nowadays. The likes of Snejider, Huntalaar VDV, Robben, Kuyt and RVP are all in their 30s now so I wonder if they're going to decline after this WC unless they have an exciting new generation read to take over?

Great game Leo, on both ends.

One little advantage in having Bacuna play as RB, is that he can surprice with these runs of his. If he played in midfield they would be more expected.

Funny how this player was written off after his first game for us.

I think he's more than paid back the 800k we paid for him.

If we can keep Bertrand on the left and with okore coming back that defence looks decent.

People love to be able to say I told you so.

Any exciting strikers for Holland coming through then? That part of the pitch is where most of their key players are hitting 30 +, they were still calling up Van Wolfswinkle last year!

They have several attacking talents coming through but not many out and out strikers, Luc Castaignos is probably the hottest prospect.

That said, most of their attack minded players (including midfielders) are hitting 30+ now not just the strikers and Bacuna has scored more than their other noteworthy young attacking midfielders.

Seriously think he could push for a place, especially if he keeps on scoring goals from right back.