Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Anyone think he could be a long term right back? His biggest issue is probably he's not a technically amazing passer, but if he plays at fullback that's less important and once he gets more used to the positioning he could be really, really good.

• Like 1

Anyone think he could be a long term right back? His biggest issue is probably he's not a technically amazing passer, but if he plays at fullback that's less important and once he gets more used to the positioning he could be really, really good.

As you say, I suppose the longer he plays there the more he will get used to the positioning. He has the strength, agility and pace to play there - he seems to be both footed too and can clearly shoot.

I just don't know if he would become a better player if he played in is natural midfield position, as in he'd be able to progress more maybe?

One thing is for sure, fair play to Lambert and/or whoever scouted him and thought hey lets play this kid at right back, because I'm pretty sure he rarely if ever played their for Groningen.

• Like 1

As you say, I suppose the longer he plays there the more he will get used to the positioning. He has the strength, agility and pace to play there - he seems to be both footed too and can clearly shoot.

I just don't know if he would become a better player if he played in is natural midfield position, as in he'd be able to progress more maybe?

One thing is for sure, fair play to Lambert and/or whoever scouted him and thought hey lets play this kid at right back, because I'm pretty sure he rarely if ever played their for Groningen.

Good point regarding Lambert Sam!

I see what you mean, but I think becoming a really technical passer is a lot harder and it's either something that at this point you either have or you don't. Whereas positioning will be learnt through experience.

Lambert also has changed players "natural" position before with spectacular results, when he took over Norwich hoolahan was a league one winger heading out of norwich. Now he's a premier league quality #10

I'm pretty sure he did play at right-back quite a bit at Groningen.

Maybe used there, but I'm certain that he was predominantly used as a midfielder and winger.

Either way, great that he can play in several positions, so far this season we've used him as:

Left Back

Right Back

Centre Midfield

"In The Hole"

Right Wing

Left Wing

Mental

Edited by samjp26

Both touches were perfect 

Bacuna1a.gif

superb finish.

he's fast.

he can defend a bit.

he's fast.

he can score from set pieces

he can score from range.

he can finish.

he's got an awesome left foot.

players like that have gone for quite a lot of money.

• Like 1

Both touches were perfect 

Bacuna1a.gif

superb finish.

he's fast.

he can defend a bit.

he's fast.

he can score from set pieces

he can score from range.

he can finish.

he's got an awesome left foot.

players like that have gone for quite a lot of money.

Are you trying to say what I think you're trying to say Con?

love+me.jpg

• Like 1

He certainly needs to work on his positioning, he really was found out in the Fulham game.

Harsh. He hasn't had a game anywhere near as bad as that one since.

Just a really efficient goal all round.

Leo must be rapid as well. You can see him start his run at the beginning of the build up and he outpaces both the ball and the other players to be ahead of the play and in the right place to finish well.

Bacuna1bLong_medium.gif

• Like 2