Jores Okore

Jesperchr

I guess his injury will mean that we'll sign a CB in dec.

I bet all the money in the world we don't sign a centre back in December. Maybe in January.  -_-

Just noted this as well. Terrible news for the lad and the team. For you medical students out there is there any chance that he would lose a yard of pace coming back from this?

Lol. Looking for something to get upset about because we beat Man City? (I'm just joking)

• Like 1

I suppose it can't be ruled out, but Adrian Peterson arguably came back 8 months after tearing both his ACL and MCL faster than before. Of course, that's since led a few other athletes recovering from ACL tears to rush things...

Thankfully he'll probably be 'recovered' well enough to play to get a few run outs but after that it'll no doubt be the end of the season.

I'd rather we just be patient and allow him to heal properly, would be a real shame if his career is damaged because I genuinely think he can be one of the best defenders in the world.

The people who've said Lambert didn't have a successful transfer window either predicted this injury, didn't see Okore play, or are forgetting him.

It can't be overstated what a miserable bit of luck this injury is. He was exactly what we needed in defence. A bit more height might have been nice, but bigger clubs would probably have been in for him in that case and with four players over 6 ft 3 in the squad we're not completely desperate for a beanpole.

I have little doubt that he would have been as important to us as Benteke this season if he hadn't been injured.

• 2 months later...
Â