Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Looked very assured, but is anyone else a little concerned with his tendency to follow the ball and/or player waaay out of the box?   He did it for their goal and on more than one occasion.   Vlaar was yelling at him to get back.  At one point I recall seeing him on the left touchline in Liverpool's half when they had the ball, and they hadn't just won it from us and he made no effort to get back but kept pressing.

If that happens, he needs to be covered. They need good communication, which I thought didn't happen on the goal yesterday. A simple switch in sides by Sturridge allowed him to walk in unmarked. I can understand when people say it was Okore's fault exactly from your point of view, but I'm not sure if he should've followed his man or take his position. He took his position so I assume Vlaar told him to do it.

If that happens, he needs to be covered. They need good communication, which I thought didn't happen on the goal yesterday. A simple switch in sides by Sturridge allowed him to walk in unmarked. I can understand when people say it was Okore's fault exactly from your point of view, but I'm not sure if he should've followed his man or take his position. He took his position so I assume Vlaar told him to do it.

Personally I think Okore had to press the initial ball for the goal. If you look at the second ball in Okores back in position when Vlaar mis-times his interception to allow sturridge in for the goal. If I'm honest I think Vlaar is the weaker of the two on the ground yet better in the air. Vlaar's passing out from the back is bloody attrocious at times and he has this tendency to follow the ball into midfield leaving gaps behind himself.

Although early days weve not looked to bad through the middle or down the left.  The right side with Lowton and Wiemenn however has not been great and these two need to pick up their game as our right side is slowly turning into last seasons left.

This is my take also. There were enough people back to cover the run the ball should not have made it through.

Ultimately the goal came from giving away possession due to dodgy passing.

Wasn't quite as quick as I thought he was gonna be. But maybe I'm underestimating the speed of Sturridge.

^Think it had more to do with his fitness levels and the fact that he was starting to tire towards the end. Also his top speed seems high but slower acceleration.

What do you expect from someone with that amount of muscles? Add an extra 20 kg's of muscles and try to get quickly up to speed when sprinting, it's hard. Look at Bolt - built like a truck, but slow in the start. Extremely high top pace.

What do you expect from someone with that amount of muscles? Add an extra 20 kg's of muscles and try to get quickly up to speed when sprinting, it's hard. Look at Bolt - built like a truck, but slow in the start. Extremely high top pace.

That was my point exactly,...... High top speed but slower acceleration = quick but not on short distances = Might seem slow compared to Sturrige on short distances. So if I in anyway implied that I was expecting something else feel free to point it out.

Â