Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Being away from the Internet for almost two months I now get to see that Jores Okore seems to be a succes in Villa. Reading through the last pages I got a few comments to the thread.

FC Nordsjælland always plays with a high  defending line. Jores Okore after a match against Chelsea said: "It didn't matter if they got past me, at I just could run them up". I see that you have noticed his speed. Actually his speed was measured as the highest speed in the Danish Superliga in the spring 2013. We certainly do miss him in FC Nordsjælland as we still are playing with a high defending line but with no one with a speed as Jores Okore had. We saw that i the qualifying round for Champions League against Zenith St. Petersburg as we lost 1-5.

Jores Okore does not have experience from playing left CB from more than one or two games. He has never played left back or right back. When in ball posistion FC Nordsjælland played with a 3-man defence with Jores in the middle or to the right. When defending FC Nordsjælland played with at four man defence with Okore as right CB. At training the Club has experimented with a 3-man defence with Okore as right CB or in the middle. The Danish national team always plays with two CB. He has never played as RB in any match.

There were others wanting Okore besides VIlla. Roumours on Danish football Communities mentions: Benfica, Juventus, Genoa, Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester City, Dynamo Kiev, Manchester United, Chelsea, Fulham Lyon. It is confirmed that he has said no to Dynamo Kiev and Chelsea. Dortmund was also after him but turned him Down as they found that he was to small.

Look forward to see if he will start against Liverpool. Okore has by the way in an interview stated that Daniel Agger recommended Villa to him and that it was one of the reasons why he chose the Club.

Edited by Danish Okore Fan
  • Like 2

First few touches looked a little tentative and insecure, but those nerves appeared to settle quickly.  He placed a beautiful high lofted pass to the feet of Gabby after 10 minutes or so.  When a 21 year old steps into his first premiership match at center half and by the end looks like he might be the best center half on the pitch.... you have found another diamond.  Can't wait to see him develop and mature.  I'm predicting he will be the next year's Benteke (following Barry and Young) in the sense that the big clubs will be vying to turn his head.... already worried about keeping him.

I didn't think he was as big and tall as he is...

Same here.

He's listed as 6'0, but when he came on he looked taller and built like a brick shithouse (although to be fair the friendly baby face probably makes you assume he's smaller).

VictorMoses+Jores+Okore+FC+Nordsjaelland

Well Moses is 5'10 and he looks like he dwarfs him here. I know it's only one picture, but it's sort of my point that catching your eye at a particular perspective makes all the difference and I only thought it at one point.

My dad is 7'2

and what

Well they wrote a book about my Granddad.

200px-TheBFG.jpg

On topic, I thought the same as you about Okore being 5'10 although he seems to be listed as 6ft in numerous places but then there have been embellishment about footballer's heights before.

Edited by 8pints

Â