Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Many of us said we should have signed another CB. 

It didn't look a bad tackle at all - I was right by it - A bit concerning (if rumours are true) that the match day physio deemed him well enough to go back on the pitch. 

The one decent signing of the summer - just hope as a younger guy he heals up quickly.

It's only concerning if it turns out that he is indeed out for 6 months. He might've just been taken off as a precaution.

You were at the game were you not ?

I was pretty close - the way he went down - he was then on the floor shaking his head ie "I need to go off" - The physio checked him over - and thought he may be able to run it off. As some one else said - I would have thought that meant it wasn't  serious (ie a couple of weeks) - But he was taken off because he physically couldn't continue - not as a precaution

Many of us said we should have signed another CB. 

It didn't look a bad tackle at all - I was right by it - A bit concerning (if rumours are true) that the match day physio deemed him well enough to go back on the pitch. 

The one decent signing of the summer - just hope as a younger guy he heals up quickly.

It's only concerning if it turns out that he is indeed out for 6 months. He might've just been taken off as a precaution.

You were at the game were you not ?

I was pretty close - the way he went down - he was then on the floor shaking his head ie "I need to go off" - The physio checked him over - and thought he may be able to run it off. As some one else said - I would have thought that meant it wasn't  serious (ie a couple of weeks) - But he was taken off because he physically couldn't continue - not as a precaution

No I wasn't at the game. Regardless, we don't know what the physios said.

We are going to seriously struggle without Okore for most of the season. Basically I can't see us finishing any higher than 15th again with the defense we now have to rely on.

We are going to seriously struggle without Okore for most of the season. Basically I can't see us finishing any higher than 15th again with the defense we now have to rely on.

Just for the sake of clarity because I can't be sure....are you suggesting that we are going to seriously struggle without Okore for most of the season because basically you can't see us finishing any higher than 15th again with the defense we now have to rely on? ;)

You don't run back on with a torn ACL/MCL/LCL. He'd have been crying with agony with a torn cruciate.

Kind of agree - But he did go down and his first reaction was "thats me done" (or actions to imply as such) - Physio did his stuff and he went back to try and run it off - for about 20 seconds !!!

Are some quarters questioning Okores commitment ?

Where on earth did that come from ? - thats not on the agenda at all

Quote above saying something about our physio deemed him ok to go back on ?

What I mean't was and has others have said - if it was a serious ligament tear - surley the physio would have spotted this almost instantly and called for a stretcher ? - But in this case the physio thought he may be able to run the injury off. But no for clarification I wasn't suggesting Okore was looking for an early finish.  

I'll wait for the OS. And while Clark has definitely looked good this season, I'd rather have Okore in there. So while our season won't come 'crushing down' as you say, it certainly won't help matters and it puts that bit more pressure on a position that we haven't been blessed at for a while now.

Â