Jores Okore

Jesperchr

The beeb have an article up where they ask their European experts to name the best sub £10mil signings. Okore is listed and says we have an absolute bargain, with teams being out off from buying him due to his lack of height, at 6 ft. But it says he has a fantastic leap that this is irrelevant. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Edited by The_Lions_Roar

Definitely one of the buys this summer that's had the most immediate and significant impact. The fact that he's so composed makes me feel very confident that he'll deal with any dangers. Obviously, he's not gonna be able to deal with every single ball in our half, but I feel a hell of a lot more relaxed when he's on the pitch, which is massively important to get from a defender.

From BBC. Okore is one of the bargains listed. Worth a read. Here.

Premier League: Finding a bargain like Michu at Swansea ....... From Denmark
_69597134_7367dc29-71f9-49d9-87c9-932217

Name: Jores Okore

Position: Central defender

Move: Nordsjaelland to Aston Villa for a reported £4m

Editor-in-chief of Danish football magazine Tipsbladet, Troels Bager Thogersen: The name Jores Okore isn't a household one in England like Didier Drogba or the Toure brothers, but the Danish stopper with Ivorian roots could be the next big thing in the Premier League.

It took him just 16 months to go from an unknown teenager at Nordsjaelland to being his team's best performer in the Champions League and a full Denmark international.

He has the strength, pace and mental toughness to be a star.

Some continental clubs, including Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund, chose not to pursue a deal for Okore because of his perceived lack of height at 6ft.

But with a great leap and impeccable timing, Okore should be able to subdue the biggest aerial threats in the Premier League.

Aston Villa arguably underpaid for Okore because of the height and they should be very happy they were the ones to secure Okore's signature.

• Like 2

I think he has chosen the perfect team with us too (Ignoring my slight bias)as we have just witnessed one of the worst defensive seasons i can remember.

He already looks our most competent defender, which im sure has been helped by the fact expectations on this side of our game are quite low ATM. 

Imagine what he will be like when he gets up to speed with the league.

Â