Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Do you guys think he will start v plop on saturday, as will Clark be fit in time?

Okore was always going to become first choice, the only reason he didn't start against arsenal was lack of game time in pre season.

He's in now thanks to a couple of injuries and I'd imagine he'll stay as a starter for awhile.

I agree that he'll ultimately be Vlaar's partner. But I don't think he's first choice yet. Clark only came off through injury and hasn't put a foot wrong yet. Knowing Clark, he'll put a foot wrong at some point, but I'd expect he'll start against Liverpool.

Wouldn't be surprised if the partnership was Okore & Clark once Okore has adjusted to the pace of the premier league. Although Clark is capable of dropping clangers he appears to have more pace than Vlaar. 

Has an one figured out how to say his name yet?

I thought it was (phonetically)

Your-Us     O-Kor-ay

However some douche on the news the other day pronounced it as:

Yours     O-Kor

Now I can’t sleep with worry. :wacko: 

Definitely remember reading a Norwegian poster saying his first name was pronounced Shaw-res then as you say 'O-Kor-ay' and that's the 'O' of 'On'.

Definitely remember reading a Norwegian poster saying his first name was pronounced Shaw-res then as you say 'O-Kor-ay' and that's the 'O' of 'On'.

I've heard danish people pronounce it as both "johres okoureh" and "djoures okoureh".

That would be either "your-es" or "jaw-res" phonetically, but rather "okour-eh" than okour-ay. Ay would be a british twist on it I think.

Edited by K-Carlsen

Yeah it is a softer 'J' so I can see where the Norwegian poster was coming from. Almost a 'Zh' sound. (I think we're splitting hairs now :))

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised if the partnership was Okore & Clark once Okore has adjusted to the pace of the premier league. Although Clark is capable of dropping clangers he appears to have more pace than Vlaar. 

Baker is definitely ahead of Clark in the pecking order

So nice to have someone who can recover quickly.

If he wasn't on the pitch Chelsea would have had a 3rd when they broke late on.

I thought it was Tonev who made the speedy recovery when they broke late on. Or am thinking of a different occasion?

The starting job was always going to be his, now it's just happened sooner. You can already see he has class. He looks like he can play RB too, which is huge. We can't expect Lowton to be fit all year long.

Â