Jores Okore

Jesperchr

I was really impressed with how often Jores cleared crosses that came to the box. He isn't big, but he can jump! and do it at the right time.

I'm glad he played and showed he is still the real deal. It's been so long that I had started to wonder what's going on.

With Jores and Ciaran we are fine at CB for the next few weeks at least.

• Like 1

Hopefully but the thing with Clark is that he could easily follow up yesterday's performance with some really sub-standard ones.

Hopefully but the thing with Clark is that he could easily follow up yesterday's performance with some really sub-standard ones.

Yep, hopefully. I suppose I believe in him more than many others. :)

2nd year of his contract, i would love to see him sign another 4 year deal this Xmas, just as Vlaar leaves us. We have to start taking risks with these contract extensions, I would not want him to go into next season without signing another deal.

We need to learn by our lack of action with contract renewals.

Great performance from him and Clark, look a good pairing, Clark was very vocal, just what we needed. Okore was different class at times, he reads the game very well considering he hasn't played for so long.

• Like 1

Great to see him back and good performance, as much of the lack of a creative player alongside Benteke, I think it will be a major shame if Vlaar leaves us shortly so we'd rarely have seen him and Okore together which potentially could've been a good partnership as they are both decent in possession.

Not getting carried away, Ings has just scored twice and Palace have loads of pace so the defence could easily cave in the next two away games.

For me it's got to be Okore starting everytime with whoever is fit out of Vlaar and Senderos (or whoever is fit full stop) alongside him from now on. He's clearly decent enough for now and I'd be excited to see just how good he could end up with a long run of games.

Yep, hopefully. I suppose I believe in him more than many others. :)

I am with you on this.

I have noticed that when they go into the huddle it is often Clark who does the talking.

I thought at one stage he was a future captain.

• Like 1

Great game on Monday night, perfect way to prove to the gaffer that he's ready to play.

Hopefully he can be consistent and continue to learn from the gametime he gets. It's a shame that we won't get to see him and Vlaar together very much.

He's definitely played his way into contention with that performance. Actually, until Vlaar does the expected, we look pretty well covered across the back..

It certainly looks more hopeful for when Vlaar leaves.

And we also have Donacien.

I'd hate to keep changing our back line - it's one of the reasons Southampton are doing so well; they're incredibly settled at the back.  They all know each others' game and have conceeded sod all because of it.

Honestly, I'd stick with Okore and Clark after that performance.

• Like 2

It's a point worth mentioning now that you bring it up.

They said on Monday that 7 of Southampton's players had played every game this season.

Only Cisse has played all of ours.

I know people dismiss injuries as "just an excuse". But that can't be helping our cause.

• Like 1

It's a point worth mentioning now that you bring it up.

They said on Monday that 7 of Southampton's players had played every game this season.

Only Cisse has played all of ours.

I know people dismiss injuries as "just an excuse". But that can't be helping our cause.

It's been a problem for a while, I don't think we have played a back four more than 5 games consecutively since Lambert has been here.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

Â