Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Well thank god Vlaar baker and Senderos are all injured otherwise we wouldn't have witnessed that very good performance

See what can happen when you consider other players Paul?

Well done Jores! Hopefully you will kick on from here! ( if Paul lets you)

How do you know Okore was ready to play before now?

His Denmark appearances.

Are you saying it is purely coincidence that the first game that Okore is ready to play in is also the one game 3 CBs are out?

We could have seen this performance at least a month earlier IMO

You have absolutely no idea if this was the case or not. It may well be pure coincidence that this is the first game he could have been considered for.

So Okore was named on our bench a couple of months ago. Then he played a handful of games for Denmark in a row coming out unscathed.

But the first time he is fit to play for us is when Baker Senderos and Vlaar are all out?

Your right I don't know for sure. But IMO Okore would be getting nowhere near our first 11 if it wasn't for injuries. And he's just proved tonight that he's potentially our best defender.

Anyway. He's played now and played well. Lets hope he gets the chance to push on.

So Okore was named on our bench a couple of months ago. Then he played a handful of games for Denmark in a row coming out unscathed.

But the first time he is fit to play for us is when Baker Senderos and Vlaar are all out?

Your right I don't know for sure. But IMO Okore would be getting nowhere near our first 11 if it wasn't for injuries. And he's just proved tonight that he's potentially our best defender.

Anyway. He's played now and played well. Lets hope he gets the chance to push on.

As said, there may well be other factors you aren't aware of. I'm sure Lambert's hand was forced tonight and he wouldn't have played had we had other options, but it was still definitely a risk. It's great it didn't bite him. Everyone always knew he was potentially our best defender, we just didn't want to risk any further setbacks.

I think you'll find now he's got a good, solid 90 minutes under his belt he will definitely have the chance to push on.

• Like 2

I wouldn't change the defence on Saturday, need to reward these kind of performances.

Absolutely buzzing for Jores, can't be easy psychologically to come back from such a nasty injury. Looks a real player too!

Â