Jores Okore

Jesperchr

I like how him playing well is proof he was ready all along, as opposed to proof he was kept out of the team until he was fully ready.

I guess Lambert really can't do anything right.

It's unfortunate.

That's what happens when you turn so many people against you by doing such a bad job, they will look for more things to undeservedly blame you for.

It's interesting that Lambert is taking a bashing for not selecting Okore after this game, but no one is criticising him for not playing Clark much this season. The most baffling part of this season has been that actually all our centre backs have played really well.

Okore's performance was good last night, but I've actually seen Baker, Senderos and Vlaar have better games than that this season so why would have been selected before today if, as people have suggested in this thread, we reward players who are in form with a continued run in the team?

• Like 4

I like how him playing well is proof he was ready all along, as opposed to proof he was kept out of the team until he was fully ready.

It must be a very big coincidence that the moment he's ready to play is the exact moment he's forced to play.

Lambert has made many terrible and poor decisions as manager as villa. I don't think it's far fetched to think he got this wrong as well.

• Like 1

Lambert has made many terrible and poor decisions as manager as villa. I don't think it's far fetched to think he got this wrong as well.

Just because you don't understand a decision doesn't mean there isn't a reason for it.

I invite you to list the "terrible and poor" decisions on the Lambert thread, but there's a catch: You can't use hindsight, because that's cheating.

• Like 1

Glad to see him finally get his chance this season and he looked very good next to Clark who also had an excellent game.

Our best defensive display this season for me with our so called 4th and 5th choice CB's, funny that?

So if he'd been picking Clark ahead of Seneros and Vlaar presumably you'd have been praising him for finally seeing sense.

It must be a very big coincidence that the moment he's ready to play is the exact moment he's forced to play.

If Okore plays against West Ham and is poor/gets injured - Lambert's fault.

If Okore plays against West Ham and has a good game - Lambert's fault for not picking him sooner.

If Okore plays against Southampton and is poor/gets injured - Lambert's fault.

If Okore plays against Southampton and has a good game - Lambert's fault for not picking him sooner.

Great stuff man, great stuff.

Exactly, maybe Okore came in and done well because, shock, Lambert did the right thing by the player, henever rushed him back,he never put pressure on him to come straight in and perform, he kept him out the firing line, he allowed him to get his fitness back, his sharpness back, his confidence in his body back.

• Like 1

Another example of blaming Lambert for the sake of blaming Lambert. 

Edited by sexbelowsound

Agree with Stevo - can't see how this can possibly be used as a stick to beat Lambo with.

After a year out, he probably was slightly behind the others at the start of the season and a little way down the pecking order. Those ahead of him have done well (surprisingly so in some cases). Now he's got his chance and it's up to the others when they return to get the shirt back.

It's the one area of the pitch I think we actually have decent competition for places and this is exactly how it should be.

Edited by wazzap24

If Okore plays against West Ham and is poor/gets injured - Lambert's fault.

If Okore plays against West Ham and has a good game - Lambert's fault for not picking him sooner.

If Okore plays against Southampton and is poor/gets injured - Lambert's fault.

If Okore plays against Southampton and has a good game - Lambert's fault for not picking him sooner.

Great stuff man, great stuff.

Nice assumption.

I actually predicted okore would struggle playing last night so clearly wouldn't have blamed Lambert if he'd played him and he'd struggled.

So great stuff.

Â