Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

Tbf to Richard, DS was pretty much nailed on as far as I was told.  These things happen in football no?

No he wasn't we signed Westwood instead.

I sorta lose track but Wasn't Stephens "signing" January window ?

• Like 1

Why is this particular Twitter revelation any more or less credible than all the others.

It included the following modernist term.

#credible

When the yoofs use that pissed up noughts and crosses grid you know some shits going down.

Stephens was oh so close in signing in the summer of 2012. Chairman played hardball with fee right until last minute. Stephens was confident he would go in Jan instead. Not sure why it didn't happen tbh.

On topic - What other AMs could we go for apart from Belhanda

Stephens was oh so close in signing in the summer of 2012. Chairman played hardball with fee right until last minute. Stephens was confident he would go in Jan instead. Not sure why it didn't happen tbh.

On topic - What other AMs could we go for apart from Belhanda

Back to Honda or Popov I suppose...

According to Abu Dhabi Sport Channel, Montpellier's Younes Belhanda is in the Emirates to talk to Al-Jazeera (the club) - what a waste.

Was retweeted by French Football Weekly who's pretty reliable on all things French. What a waste indeed.

Although a move to the UAE could be for many reasons (religion, money, living closer to family), I find it incredible that he would move there so early on his career and especially being as he said he wants to play in England.

Quite a shame really and a genuine 'waste' of somebody who could become a very, very good player.

As I said though, if he has his reasons then fair play I guess.

Birmingham is much much closer to Morocco than Abu Dhabi. I don't think he would not come to Birmingham for religious reasons after spending a few seasons in Montpellier. I think it indicates we are unwilling to meet his terms or his club's, or are simply not interested.

well he was born in France so im sure Birmingham is closer to France than UAE ;)

if any of this is legit then there is a chance he is meeting with Dubai clubs to try get other interested clubs to pick up the pace a bit and put in a firm bid. I don't think we're gonna be one of those parties but i can see this alerting someone in germany or italy for example and getting them to react and make the bid

Tbf to Richard, DS was pretty much nailed on as far as I was told.  These things happen in football no?

No not just the January window but also the summer window.

No not just the January window but also the summer window.

Take your pick.

About_Windows.jpg

No quotes.

If we were in for a player we would want quotes, so why does that change when there is an article ruling us out?

There has never been one quote about us not wanting him. Do not believe what you read in the Birmingham Mail.

Has anyone thought of it being a smokescreen, telling the paper to report that to keep all the fans calm so they are not too disappointed if this transfer doesn't happen.

Simple fact is we are in for him, mark my words!

8mil Euro bid accepted from Al Jeezera player yet to agree terms 

BREAKING: Younes Belhanda News: http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/transfer-update-younes-belhanda/  #AVFC #Kiev #AbuDhabi #MHSC

That all jesus, admittedly never seen him play but if that is true their chairman has dropped his value by about 50% 

• Like 1

Maybe accepting the €8m bid is to show the price they will accept.

Honestly, €8m is a bargain and if were haggling over that sort of price then I'm baffled.

I think it's probably more of a case we're not interested. 

Maybe accepting the €8m bid is to show the price they will accept.

Honestly, €8m is a bargain and if were haggling over that sort of price then I'm baffled.

I think it's probably more of a case we're not interested.

I think its evident that we are interested, or at least have been to some degree.

€8m is less than £7m and for that price I assume we will now see a flock of Prem teams coming in.

Nearly halving his valuation within a few weeks is crazy though.