Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

Maybe accepting the €8m bid is to show the price they will accept.

Honestly, €8m is a bargain and if were haggling over that sort of price then I'm baffled.

I think it's probably more of a case we're not interested. 

I think it'd more a case of we may want to remove the wages of Ireland / Given / Bent before we make an investment in a player of this type.

But I wouldn't want to come across as all ITK and upset some sensitive souls!

I actually hinted at that earlier in the thread. That we may be waiting to offload wages before buying. However, Brummie mail reporting that we're definitely no interested... someone at Villa is feeding Kendrick that info so I'd be really shocked if we were to sign him. 

Also, if there was genuine interest from us, Belhanda would be very aware that we're just waiting to free up his wages, wouldn't he just be patiently waiting as he seems to want to play in England more than anything else. 

Edited by PieFacE

If the 8 million is true and he's going either to Kiev or Al Jazeera, then I'd say he's asking for utterly ridiculous salary as he's certainly promising enough to go to any of the top leagues.

• Like 1

at that price... why is noone else interested? Doesnt make sense. Italian clubs.. other Premier League clubs.. german? Even other French clubs. Something doesnt add up?

If the 8 million is true and he's going either to Kiev or Al Jazeera, then I'd say he's asking for utterly ridiculous salary as he's certainly promising enough to go to any of the top leagues.

Think this sounds about right for me. Probably thought the five clubs that were originally in for him (if they actually were) would give him his big pay day which hasn't materialized.

Could be that Lambert was interested.. spoke to him.. didnt like his attitude and high wages request resulting in the 'not interested'.

They went on a date and Lambert didnt want to remain steady and broke things off. Hopefully he prefers Asians.

Keep clutching at straws guys this was never going to happen just like wesley sneijder

So you are saying you know something about Sneijder as well......Yes!

Benteke won 't like Lamberts statement, clearly he will see this as lack of ambition for the club.

What statement?

That hes  not interessted in Belhanda

I doubt very much if Benteke will be influenced by Lamberts stance on any one player

Edited by Nigel

Lambert hasn't made any statements regarding Belhanda for one, but either way I guess Montpellier accepting bids doesn't mean he will 100% go to those clubs. Personally if I was him I'd rather stay put and leave next Summer than move to a club below the one he is at.

Benteke won 't like Lamberts statement, clearly he will see this as lack of ambition for the club.

What statement?

That hes  not interessted in Belhanda

Kendrick mentioned it, not Lambert. Wheres the quotes?