Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

If we sign this guy, and we get rid of all the high earners (Hutton, Given, Ireland) then we're on our way to being a top 6/7 team again whilst having a low wage bill and probably making even financially.

It's a huge if though.

.............Barry...............Delph................

........................Belhanda.......................

Weimman.........Benteke..............Gabby

That's a top 7 front 6 IMO.

And behind them....? :)

Bottom 5 defence! Comfortably mid table!  :D

Guzan

Lowton  Vlaar   Okore   Luna/ Bennett

Bottom 5 Defence?? Really?? 

Bottom 5 defence! Comfortably mid table!  :D

Guzan

Lowton  Vlaar   Okore   Luna/ Bennett

Bottom 5 Defence?? Really??

I think Okore looks a quality signing but I'm not sure he's going to come and turn everything around.

We let in a stupid amount of goals last season. Record breaking figures for our club.

Haha

Well that's when the dream becomes a little more realistic.

Westwood               Barry

Belhanda

Weimann                 Gabby

Benteke

Is a top 6/7 going forward side, but the back 5 is still in the bottom half of the table, minus Guzan, think Okore will need time to develop and adapt to the PL, the left back spot is still shocking IMO.

Edited by Avflife

Haha

Belhanda

Benteke

Is a top 6/7 going forward side, but the back 5 is still in the bottom half of the table, minus Guzan, think Okore will need time to develop and adapt to the PL, the left back spot is still shocking IMO.

Genuine question, do you actually know how good or bad Luna is or are you just guessing?

From Belhanda's latest quotes it would seem its a matter of us ironing out the transfer fee and even though there is interest from top teams in other countries he still wants to come to us.

Were those "latest quotes" not from about a month ago?

Belhanda's latest quotes simply say (paraphrasing)

'Not many clubs can afford the €15m fee for me, for those that can, I would prefer they were from England but if they aren't then I won't go to England'.

He doesn't mention us. The (Sky) Article mentions us as being interested in him. Belhanda himself doesn't though.

Who's the German club that want him, Dortmund?

Possibly, could be a Götze replacement I guess but I think they are more likely to go for Christian Eriksen to replace him.

Although he didnt make many appearances last year at all, they have also sold Leonardo Bittencourt to Hannover who (whilst he normally plays on the left) could play in a similar position so they will be quite short in that attacking midfield area for now, so I guess they could bring in multiple players.

Haha

Belhanda

Benteke

Genuine question, do you actually know how good or bad Luna is or are you just guessing?

Guessing, but the fact he was on loan at a team relegated says it all, Bennett 2.0 an improved version :) Onto the subject of the thread if he (Belhanda) does sign I would be shocked, but if the deadwood (Bent, Given and Ireland) are shipped off, we could see a marque signing in Younes Belhanda.

If Belhanda is even only half as good as Götze he would be a tremendous aquisition. I have been saying for weeks now that this position will be filled by a Marquee signing & I won't be disappointed if infact it does turn out to be Belhanda or even Praet.

Please make it so.

Twitter rumours saying AVFC delegates were spotted at BHX heading to paris. 

Not sure how they quite know who avfc "delegates" are though...

Exactly. That's how you know those twitterers are bs 100%.

The reporter one from overseas is the only one that can be taken semi seriously. Overseas ones don't seem as dodgy as the reporters in England. That Danish one that told me Okore was done for 4 million before it was announced was spot on.

Fingers crossed its legit but I aint getting my hopes up. Would be a remarkable transfer window if he was brought in and Tekkers kept.. with the deadwood sold!

Even if we don't sign him its great news that Lambert is after this style of player. Im guessing Popov may be a back up to one of these higher marquee players we have been linked with.

Edited by KSV