Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

Tbf to Richard, DS was pretty much nailed on as far as I was told.  These things happen in football no?

No he wasn't we signed Westwood instead.

They're very different players, so I presume we would have tried for both.

Tbf to Richard, DS was pretty much nailed on as far as I was told.  These things happen in football no?

Very different? You make it sound like ones a GK and the others a ST.

They're both CM's known for their passing.

we only signed Westwood on deadline day, so it's plenty possible he wasn't first choice.

DS is a box to box player known for getting into scoring positions. Westwood is the exact opposite.

Apparently he's off to the UAE. What a waste.

Assume his quotes in the news were him desperately trying to find a buyer in England? None arose so he decided to take the paycheck and go to the UAE? Agent likely used us as a bluff to get other clubs involved. Ahwell.

Edited by HalfTimePost

I bet it was agent games from the beginning. The people who genuinely seem ITK all said it was bullshit. Not one of them (out of about 3) said otherwise. All the heat came from foreign press stories that often contradicted each other. I bet we never even discussed him but watch, he'll go down in some Twitter lore nonsense along with that winger from last year (I don't remember his name...Brahimi?)

I've seen this being compared with the Brahimi talk of last Summer a few times now. Don't get how people can compare this saga with the one of Brahimi. His reputation is no-where near as big as Belhanda's.

Edited by adz.villa

DS is a box to box player known for getting into scoring positions. Westwood is the exact opposite.

DS has played DM numerous times, hence why he has a shit goals to games ratio (also baring in mind he's only ever played in shity lower leagues)

According to Abu Dhabi Sport Channel, Montpellier's Younes Belhanda is in the Emirates to talk to Al-Jazeera (the club) - what a waste.

Was retweeted by French Football Weekly who's pretty reliable on all things French. What a waste indeed.

Although a move to the UAE could be for many reasons (religion, money, living closer to family), I find it incredible that he would move there so early on his career and especially being as he said he wants to play in England.

Quite a shame really and a genuine 'waste' of somebody who could become a very, very good player.

As I said though, if he has his reasons then fair play I guess.

According to Abu Dhabi Sport Channel, Montpellier's Younes Belhanda is in the Emirates to talk to Al-Jazeera (the club) - what a waste.

Was retweeted by French Football Weekly who's pretty reliable on all things French. What a waste indeed.

Although a move to the UAE could be for many reasons (religion, money, living closer to family), I find it incredible that he would move there so early on his career and especially being as he said he wants to play in England.

Quite a shame really and a genuine 'waste' of somebody who could become a very, very good player.

As I said though, if he has his reasons then fair play I guess.

Birmingham is much much closer to Morocco than Abu Dhabi. I don't think he would not come to Birmingham for religious reasons after spending a few seasons in Montpellier. I think it indicates we are unwilling to meet his terms or his club's, or are simply not interested.

Never really thought this move was on the cards, if he'd rather take the sheikh's oil shilling and play in the joke that is the UAE League, rather than hang on for a real opportunity on a bigger stage he's probably not worth the hassle.

Big fish in small pond syndrome.

On talent alone he'd be a great fit for our team but not sure what it says about his character if he's making the move to the UAE at 23 years old and with a lot of decent teams in Europe after him. Would be a shocking waste of talent