Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

Sky Sports are reporting it again with quotes from Belhanda reiterating that he wants to come to England.

Montpellier's Younes Belhanda attracting interest from across Europe but favours England move. Villa said to be keen. http://tinyurl.com/l7xy3r5 

Edited by Pembers

SPECULATION : PL 'apparently' has called Belhandas agents bluff with a 'take it or leave it ' offer - source says he will accept. #avfc

Surely it would be a take it or leave it offer to the Club, not the agent. The agent would become involved once an offer is on the table. My brain is frazzled today though. Hung over.

I think Randy would sanction one big signing. I was under the impression that it's always been about controlling the wage structure and not about having no money for transfers.

I don't like the fact that Sky Sports have this story now though, not that other PL clubs wouldn't be aware of Belhanda without it though I suppose. It does seem like they're trying to get some more PL clubs interested though. If one of the teams who has Europe to offer go in for him then we're screwed I should think. That's probably what his agent is hoping for.

I think Randy would sanction one big signing. I was under the impression that it's always been about controlling the wage structure and not about having no money for transfers.

I don't like the fact that Sky Sports have this story now though, not that other PL clubs wouldn't be aware of Belhanda without it though I suppose. It does seem like they're trying to get some more PL clubs interested though. If one of the teams who has Europe to offer go in for him then we're screwed I should think. That's probably what his agent is hoping for.

I agree. A player like Belhanda could be the difference between midtable and a tilt at the top 6 next season. We already have the 20 goal striker in Benteke.

There's space in our midfield for him with N'zogbia injured for a few months, Holman already left and Ireland and Bannan probably leaving in the next few weeks.

I'd imagine if we're willing to spend that kind of money on a player then he's largely considered a starter, with or without players out injured.

I think this kind of signing might just persuade Benteke to stay for another season, but I'm not holding my breath on that one even if we did get Belhanda or make another exciting signing.

Belhanda will be on the radar despite SSN putting it out there. Anyway, it does'nt particularly worry me because its looking as if PL has a real knack for selling AVFC to potential targets.

Belhanda will be on the radar despite SSN putting it out there. Anyway, it does'nt particularly worry me because its looking as if PL has a real knack for selling AVFC to potential targets.

He just tells them Birmingham is a suburb of London. Works like a charm.

I'm not as confident as you are, but I agree that Lambert has done well in getting us noticed as a team who are prepared to give youth a chance. It might be that I'm biased because I'm a fan, or that I tend to focus my reading on Villa instead of the other teams, but we do seem to have carved out a niche in the PL as that team for young players to come and prove themselves at the highest level.

It seems like we're seen as a bit of a stepping stone, but I think that's the only way we're going to get back up there and it's the cheapest way of doing things too. We're using the Dortmund model, it seems, and if we achieve some success over the next few years, despite selling our best players off, we can start to cement ourselves in the top half of the league and be gunning for Europe once more, meaning we can finally start to keep a hold of players. That seems to be the vision and it's one I am fully behind.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

Sky reporting it has no baring on where he goes since premier league clubs will already be aware of him. Im pretty sure his agent would of made a point in doing that already, hence our interest ;)

[

It seems like we're seen as a bit of a stepping stone, but I think that's the only way we're going to get back up there and it's the cheapest way of doing things too. We're using the Dortmund model, it seems, and if we achieve some success over the next few years, despite selling our best players off, we can start to cement ourselves in the top half of the league and be gunning for Europe once more, meaning we can finally start to keep a hold of players. That seems to be the vision and it's one I am fully behind.

Totally agree. I think the fact that we ARE a probable stepping stone for the likes of Benteke etc is a necessary evil.

One day, though...

Is there a new Kooora article? Can't find it.

Also, in regards to a fee, €14m is about £12m - I reckon this could be haggled with clauses etc. The fee won't be a deterrent.

Edited by samjp26

.............Barry...............Delph................

........................Belhanda.......................

Weimman.........Benteke..............Gabby

That's a top 7 front 6 IMO.

And behind them....? :)

Bottom 5 defence! Comfortably mid table!  :D

.............Barry...............Delph................

........................Belhanda.......................

Weimman.........Benteke..............Gabby

That's a top 7 front 6 IMO.

And behind them....? :)

Haha

Well that's when the dream becomes a little more realistic.

Recent quote from the Montpellier president:

"We'd need to get €15 million, but I'd settle for 14 or 12," the colourful millionaire said, revealing he had received offers for the highly-rated midfielder. "From France, no, but from England, Germany and the United Arab Emirates, yes."

€12m is what, £10m which is not a huge amount for a player of his calibre. If we are in for him, maybe we are trying to negotiate it even lower or we were waiting till Holman ( who plays in a similar position ) was off the wage bill ?

• Like 1