Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

If we're waiting to sell Bent and Ireland to fund this then that's pretty piss poor. With the increase in TV money we should be signing a player like this if he's interested in coming and lambert wants him.

But we're not. We're not after him (not anymore at least).

and you know this how.....?

Well of course I don't know this for sure but given what MOMS (who seem to be quite ITK) has said and the reports stating that we are not in for him. That quote from the Montpellier chairman seems just like something to get more interest in him and we've seen it before. He seems a bit of a joker.

I don't doubt that we maybe were in for him but we dropped the interest for some reason. Maybe because Lambert didn't think his personality would fit in here, which would make sense if he's going to the UAE.

I'd love to see Newcastle sign him just to see Joe Kinnear massacre his name.

I think Yohan Kebab and Janice Bellend will make Newcastle an unstoppable force next season.

• Like 1

I know, I know...

"My decision is imminent, I have still got the time to think a bit but I will stand by the decision I will take," 23-year-old Belhanda said.

"I wanted to play in the Premier League, I have the opportunity so let's see."

Full article at SSN here.

Actual quotes saying he has the opportunity to play in the Premier League. We are the only club strongly linked.

Still feels like he hasn't really had any club have an accepted bid other than in Abu Dhabi and is putting it off hoping somebody else matches it? Still using us to bring in another club..

Or maybe, just maybe..

Happy if we sign him.

Not gutted if we don't sign him.

Either way, it puts it to bed. But in his quotes he says "wanted to go to the premier league" as in past tense - making me think he's off to Abu dhabi. 

I want to just give up on Belhanda but then I see this -

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/8796035/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

What do you all think about that? 

Younes Behlanda is set to reveal where he will be playing his football next season with reports claiming he is to choose between England and the Middle East.

Montpellier revealed earlier this month that they had offers from AC Milan, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray and Aston Villa for the Moroccan international.

But now it is claimed that the club have accepted offers from two clubs - with reports suggesting it is Villa and a new option in the shape of Abu Dhabi club Al Jazira.

hmmm

Edited by StefanAVFC