Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Bacuna, Okore, Kozak - disastrous? 

In regards to Tonev, good luck to him :)

'Disastrous' was too strong, as a disaster hasn't befallen us (at least not yet!). Nevertheless, they were poor investments. Successful signings don't leave after twelve months, especially if they were purchased as long-term projects. 

If those fat pissheads Commons and Stokes can score goals in Scotland Tonev will bag double figures at least.

Hopefully he can go to a poor league such as the SPL, stand out and we can get a mill for him. He won't develop his game playing there that is for sure.

Goodbye Tonev.

Bacuna, Okore, Kozak - disastrous? 

In regards to Tonev, good luck to him :)

'Disastrous' was too strong, as a disaster hasn't befallen us (at least not yet!). Nevertheless, they were poor investments. Successful signings don't leave after twelve months, especially if they were purchased as long-term projects. 

Fair enough, but I wouldn't have said Lambert had a completely poor window. Those 3 signings there at least have had a good impact on the squad (albeit Okore has been injured and might be too early to judge him. But Kozak and Bacuna are half decent players who contributed to some good things last season. 

Yes there were some poor signings as well i agree (Tonev, Helenius & Luna for sure), but you can't expect all of them to work out. 

Edited by KjParton

Last summer really was poor. I was pretty excited signing these unknown players but it was awful.

yep - I said pretty early on that Lambert had a disastrous window last summer....and despite the small fees paid, we aren't recouping anything on sales.

lets just this summers recruits can at least steady the ship.

And let's hope Lambert can get all last season's disasters out on loan or he'll have to form them into a "bomb squad" to replace the one he's just disbanded and brought back into the first team.  :)

Â