Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Celtic are set to sign Aleksander Tonev from Aston Villa, the Sunday Post have reported that the Parkhead club have been locked in talks with the English club over the last 24 hours. Ronny Deila is understood to have targeted the winger as a top signing target. It is likely the player will be secured on a season long loan deal with a view to a more permanent deal should he perform well. (Sunday Post)

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/rumour-mill-celtic-targets-aberdeen-greig-1-3504811?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

I can't find the original Sunday Post article that they're quoting from, but it seems that maybe our fella on Twitter is indeed correct!

Oh and a Celtic ITK Twitter so it would seem:

Celtic close to a deal for Aston Villa winger Aleksander Tonev.

Edited by samjp26

Well, given that we're at the squad size limit and looking to bring in a couple more players, there have to be some departures. I hope that we actually follow those players we've sent on loan, rather than simply giving up on them completely, but I'm not hopefully (option to buy = given up). I still think Tonev could make a good player really, if he has a run of games. There were flashes at the end of last season. However, getting game time was essential, so the loan is the right thing for him. And then there were 3!

Tonev will be handing out humble pie in the Holte

He routinely serves up shit on toast

:crylaugh:

I really wanted Tonev to be a success to continue Petrov's legacy a bit. Hopefully he can do it at Celtic as it hasn't worked out for him here, at all.

After being highly recommended by Stan I expected much much more than what he turned out to be, a player way way out of his depth. Some of those attempts on goal last season were truly embarassing.

He'd struggle in League One to be fair, so a switch to the Scottish Pub League seems about right. As the standard is so laughably poor up there, he'll probably go on a blinder and hopefully Celtic will pay us a bit of money to make the move permanent, as he looked shit scared every time he had the ball.

Last summer really was poor. I was pretty excited signing these unknown players but it was awful.

yep - I said pretty early on that Lambert had a disastrous window last summer....and despite the small fees paid, we aren't recouping anything on sales.

lets just this summers recruits can at least steady the ship.

Â