Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

If Barry would sign a 1 year deal on low(ish) wages then I'd be happy for him to join. But the chances of that are unlikely.

A big no thank you to Scott Sinclair. I want players who actually want to play football. Sinclair would just be another N'zogbia... no thanks! Plus, Sinclair really isn't that good anyway.

• Like 1

If we were a rich club ya ba dibba dibba dibba dibba dibba dibba dum...

Then we could try for Luiz Gustavo who just turned down Wolfsburg as he want's to play in the PL.

Available for about £15m from Bayern

We want players on the way up....not on the way down.

It has, psychologically, the wrong effect on the philosophy we are pursuing

The manager is on the right lines for me....and when he says the experience will be gained by our own players in development rather than bringing it in in terms of meal tickets....I totally agree with him.

PS lets be honest any great player right now who wants to come to us only wants to do so, because he can't sustain his high level of performance, but wants to sustain his high level of wages,so we end up paying through the nose for second best. It's retrograde for me.

Edited by TRO

Why would we sign Barry when it would hinder the growth of our current youngsters. Who would you put him in front of? He wouldn't be coming here to sit on the bench.

Put in front of who in terms of being a quality player ? EVERY ONE of our current midfield. Not only that they could learn a LOT from him too

• Like 2

Why would we sign Barry when it would hinder the growth of our current youngsters. Who would you put him in front of? He wouldn't be coming here to sit on the bench.

Put in front of who in terms of being a quality player ? EVERY ONE of our current midfield. Not only that they could learn a LOT from him too

Fully disagree. He'd take Westy's spot (Barry and Westy wouldn't work) and I doubt he's that much better than Westy to offset the hampering of his progression (which has been rapid).

• Like 1

I think I agree with Ulva here. Barry is still quality and our youngsters could learn an awful lot from him. That being said, I would also want to see Westwood getting more playing time and Barry wouldn't move here to sit on the bench

whenever I think of Barry I cant help but think of that Southampton game, he was dire, really **** dire, it was a championship performance at best, no doubt in my mind he's on the slide, still got a few flashes of quality that we lack at times but could he do it for 90 minutes 30 times in a season?

convinced the answer is no and therefore id be disappointed if we got him back

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned already. A report from footmercato.net state that we're going to make a 3m euro bid for 23 year old attacking midfielder Ryad Boudebouz from Sochaux in Ligue 1.

They play tonight in the league so it'll be interesting to see if he's in the squad.

Edited by Wes

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned already. A report from footmercato.net state that we're going to make a 3m euro bid for 23 year old attacking midfielder Ryad Boudebouz from Sochaux in Ligue 1.

They play tonight in the league so it'll be interesting to see if he's in the squad.

From the obligatory google/YouTube searches he looks half decent. Anyone have an overview of the type of player he is and qualities etc?

Yes please!!! He's their "main man" after Maiga and Marvin Martin left.... for  3 million it would be an absolute steal!

"While his departure was not a shadow of a doubt at the end of last year, Ryad Boudebouz is still and always a player Sochaux.

But in the final straight of the transfer window, the doubiste wisp could take the opportunity to leave Bonal. Indeed, according to our information, Aston Villa next week should make an offer of 3 million."

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

Because if we have a couple of cup runs it's going to be a long ol' season. If Westwood gets injured then we really do not have a ball playing midfielder who could slot in for him. Plus, just having someone like Barry around the dressing room would be beneficial. So many times last season we were desperate for Petrov to play to just calm everyone down, Barry would provide that with his experience. 

On transfermrkt he is down as being a central midfielder that can play on the right or as an attacking midfielder. He definitely is the type of player we are looking for so this could get interesting. Nice name as well 

Fully disagree. He'd take Westy's spot (Barry and Westy wouldn't work) and I doubt he's that much better than Westy to offset the hampering of his progression (which has been rapid).

I don't agree. I think they could work, with Sylla or Delph as the box to box runner in front of them. Whether the manager would see fit to 'adjust' the system in such a way is down to him, but with my FM head on (which I've not played for years FWIW) it's something I would try. On paper it sounds legit.

More stability behind our front three. It would allow our fullbacks more opportunity to maraud as well. As much as I like both Delph and Sylla very much, they're both lacking in discipline. Whether through design or ability.

Anyway, it's not something I can see happening. But wouldn't mind if it did.

Ah so signing quality players isn't what the manager is trying to 'achieve'? I find it amazing how some on here seem to have such intimate knowledge of what Lambert thinks and feels.

Your correct in that no-one has an 'intimate knowledge of what Lambert thinks and feels' but we have a general idea of what his preferred transfer policy is by simply looking at the players he has already signed for the club. 

Because if we have a couple of cup runs it's going to be a long ol' season. If Westwood gets injured then we really do not have a ball playing midfielder who could slot in for him. Plus, just having someone like Barry around the dressing room would be beneficial. So many times last season we were desperate for Petrov to play to just calm everyone down, Barry would provide that with his experience. 

Are you suggesting then that Barry would come back to us to be Westwood's understudy?