Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

We're not signing anybody else.

Oh yea ITK?
Nuhhh, it's just that I think we are done here in terms if bringing people in. If Lambert wanted someone I think we would have got them already.
Disagree, two of his three best signings arrived on deadline day last season, plus we tried to nab dempsey as well. My guess is any more business incoming will most likely be left till deadline day as any negotiations are probably awaiting departures or the current club our targets play for, are playing hardball. I reckon we have another incoming in us maybe two!
But Lambert has come out and said how his signings have now settled which is clearly what he was hoping to achieve going into this new season. Perhaps after the start of last season the damage had already been done in trying to tighten things up with the squad. How many different teams/formations did we see overall last season?

Also, the fact we signed the 6 players that we have brought so quickly - it was literally one after the other over a couple of weeks if I recall? Why would we do that if we were going to wait around to make sure we get the best deal?

It's obviously a possibility that we will bring in another player and it will be a very welcome treat - but I don't think it will happen, personally.

Whilst I agree with your points, he could also, aside from the obvious value and bedding in aspect, that another "missing piece of the jigsaw" player would be worth waiting for in the long term. For all you know come January etc a couple players could be burnt out or injured etc. to make room for our new signing by which time should be settled enough. Just a thought.

fella from Leicester. I havent seen much at all of him but he looks alright on youtube. 6-7 million is the fee.

Id rather Kiyo for 10-12 though. See what happens.

Who's Anthony Knockaert?

He's that chap who missed the penalty for Leicester 7 minutes into injury time in the playoff semi 2nd leg against watford. 

Watford then went down the other end and scored to get into the final. Knockaert burst out crying. le end. 

There was speculation he dived for the penalty in the first place (I think he did tbf) 

I thought that was someone on loan from a Prem Team.

I must be thinking of someone else. I remember someone on loan from Fulham, maybe?, that took a penalty instead of the usual penalty taker, and missed.

“Anthony can do a lot of great things with the attacking flair that he has got, Anthony is hard to read because he is so small and his legs are doing different things to what I am doing. He is a good player who can pick a pass out. You have to be ready for what he is going to do because he has a bit of magic in the final third.That bit of the unknown about him creates chances for others. He is nice to have around.”

These are the words of Leicester City striker Martyn Waghorn who has nothing but admiration for his French Teammate. Anthony Knockaert born in Roubaix, France has taken the Championship by storm with his tricky wing play and eye catching skills. His ability to create something out of nothing is an element of his game that is making the winger one of the hottest properties in the Championship. It is no surprise some premier league teams are sniffing around the Frenchman, with Aston Villa and West Brom reportedly interested.

4318423.jpg?w=750

Knockaert has been likened to Everton’s Kevin Mirallas, with evident similarities in their dribbling traits and use of skills to evade opposition defences. The 21 year old has made three appearances for the French U21 national team which highlights his admirable talent. Knockaert has scored some audacious goals in his time at Leicester City, and the two goals he scored away at Huddersfield resemble the amount of confidence and self belief he obtains.

http://footballleagueworld.wordpress.com/2012/12/23/one-to-watch-anthony-knockaert/

Didn't a player on loan to Brentford miss a penalty in the last game of the season which meant they had to settle for the playoffs. Iirc he wasn't there normal penalty taker he just insisted on taking it?

A lot of my mates are LCFC fans and all seem to rate him as the best thing they have in the final third of the pitch, seen him play quite a lot when I get dragged into watching Leicester games - good player!

I thought that was someone on loan from a Prem Team.

I must be thinking of someone else. I remember someone on loan from Fulham, maybe?, that took a penalty instead of the usual penalty taker, and missed.

Marcelo Trotta on loan from Fulham at Brentford.

Cheers Andy

AshVilla, don't be so certain. There are ITKs on VT, even if they chose not to post as much as they'd probably like. I've had PMs about ITK things before, and it's seemed extremely plausible/ or eventually come true.

Cheers Andy

AshVilla, don't be so certain. There are ITKs on VT, even if they chose not to post as much as they'd probably like. I've had PMs about ITK things before, and it's seemed extremely plausible/ or eventually come true.

I just wanted an excuse to use a pun :)

not disputing your sources m8