Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Does anyone know how strong Malagas side is today. Really does look a total mis match. They cant get near the ball, being pinged about like a pin ball by villa

They have been more or less dismantled.... Joaquin, Toulalan, Isco have all left.... those 3 where their 3 better players... With Pellegrini moving on too they have had a bit of a rebuilding job this summer...

I've been umming and erring about whether I agree with the notion that we need another central/attacking midfielder. I only watched the 2nd half of the Malaga game but I think it would make a considerably difference. El Ahmadi and Tonev don't look up to it. Don't know where Sylla was but he's a different type of player. Would definitely give us a welcome option and an extra bit of quality.

I've been umming and erring about whether I agree with the notion that we need another central/attacking midfielder. I only watched the 2nd half of the Malaga game but I think it would make a considerably difference. El Ahmadi and Tonev don't look up to it. Don't know where Sylla was but he's a different type of player. Would definitely give us a welcome option and an extra bit of quality.

Well in the first half Tonev was quality, I think lack of football might have been the reason for the dip in the second half. I've never been overly impressed with KEA, I guess his gonna be behind Westwood, Sylla and Delph anyway.

Does anyone know how strong Malagas side is today. Really does look a total mis match. They cant get near the ball, being pinged about like a pin ball by villa

First half I would agree with you. But in the second half, they looked the more dominant team. Looks like they took a while to get into the game.

First half I would agree with you. But in the second half, they looked the more dominant team. Looks like they took a while to get into the game.

Yeah i wrote that at end of first half. Very hard to keep motivated when 3 nil up in a friendly after 45 mins. Probably watching themselves and keeping some on tank for next sat. Really were quality in first half including Tonev

I'm certain that we are in for an attacking midfielder now. Hopefully we get somebody with real quality that can slot straight into the starting line-up.

Yep. I think the hints are there from the fact that we've played Tonev or Helenius in there for so much of the pre-season, despite neither being good enough to fill the role full-time. Sylla has been used in a deeper role than last season too. Definitely suggests that there is still one more piece of the puzzle to come.

Attacking midfielder.......we need a defensive midfielder, one that can win the ball when the opposition has it. 50-50 challenges were lost time after time in our midfield. The deffence was quite good we just need some protection in front of it......IMHO

• Like 2