Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

So someone mentioned this Wijnaldum chap? I'd be disappointed if it was just a loan. If there was loan with option to buy for certain amount then most definitely.

I'd rather buy him out right though. Hopefully we haven't been duped again into half believing something might happen tomorrow. Most likely won't imo, we'd be hearing way more stuff if someone was signing tomorrow. 

If they did get rid of him, they would need a new captain, which is why the fact they have just signed Park on loan raises eyebrows.

He's now 32 years of age, he's a PSV fan favourite already, he'll add experience into their midfield and on his wages (a portion of the £70k QPR pay him) I would assume that they'd want to be playing him regularly.

No loans please.

Pretty sure we won't be loaning anybody. I'd assume Wijnaldum would be a lot cheaper than Kiyotake being as PSV just sold Strootman for £14m.

Again it is just speculation, but I've seen his name pop up a few times and he would certainly fit into the Lambert philosophy.

Edited by samjp26

Hasn't Wijnaldum just been named captain of PSV? Very strange to do that and then sell him, especially if the two clubs have been communicating for a while.

Hasn't Wijnaldum just been named captain of PSV? Very strange to do that and then sell him, especially if the two clubs have been communicating for a while.

Mixed reaction from the fans regarding his appointment and many don't see him as a leader, at least not yet or permanently. Clark was our captain for a few games last season if you remember and none of us think he is ready for that. I think Park will take the armband personally.

Until Bent is gone though, there will be no signings. I also doubt Bent will see anybody coming through the door as he is leaving, if Bent goes tomorrow it doesn't mean we automatically bring somebody new in tomorrow.

Mixed reaction from the fans regarding his appointment and many don't see him as a leader, at least not yet or permanently. Clark was our captain for a few games last season if you remember and none of us think he is ready for that. I think Park will take the armband personally.

Until Bent is gone though, there will be no signings. I also doubt Bent will see anybody coming through the door as he is leaving, if Bent goes tomorrow it doesn't mean we automatically bring somebody new in tomorrow.

Park - fine fine player. 

I think you're right regarding Bent, we need at least Bent and Given off the wage bill before we move for someone I'd say. I've lost all hope that Ireland will go anywhere at all.

Id guess that's probably right too romavillain. I've stopped hoping Hughes might fancy a punt on Ireland at Stoke. Still I've been waiting for the light at the end of the Ireland tunnel since the day he signed :) Ireland, Bannan and Delphouneso are all in the last year of their contracts - so if we don't shift them at least we know they'll be gone next summer. If we even manage to loan any of these 3 somewhere this season where they'll actually pay a percentage of their wages its all a bonus for me. 

Stephens, Hutton, Bent (contracts till 2015) and Given and Nzogbia (2016) on the other hand could conceivably free up around £200k - £250k a week in wages if they are all offloaded permanently, which going by the squad numbers seems to be the plan. 

For me we'll have to shift Hutton, Bent and Given before I start getting excited about anyone coming in. 

Still I can definitely say that this time next year we wont be talking about Stephen Ireland :)

Stephen Ireland could find a home on loan at Everton!!

We'll probably end up still paying his weekly wage though :S But at least it stops him moping around Bodymoor Heath in the kiddy pen

We're not signing anybody else.

Oh yea ITK?

Nuhhh, it's just that I think we are done here in terms if bringing people in. If Lambert wanted someone I think we would have got them already.

Oh yea ITK?

Nuhhh, it's just that I think we are done here in terms if bringing people in. If Lambert wanted someone I think we would have got them already.

Disagree, two of his three best signings arrived on deadline day last season, plus we tried to nab dempsey as well.  My guess is any more business incoming will most likely be left till deadline day as any negotiations are probably awaiting departures or the current club our targets play for, are playing hardball. I reckon we have another incoming in us maybe two! 

• Like 2

Oh yea ITK?

Disagree, two of his three best signings arrived on deadline day last season, plus we tried to nab dempsey as well. My guess is any more business incoming will most likely be left till deadline day as any negotiations are probably awaiting departures or the current club our targets play for, are playing hardball. I reckon we have another incoming in us maybe two!
But Lambert has come out and said how his signings have now settled which is clearly what he was hoping to achieve going into this new season. Perhaps after the start of last season the damage had already been done in trying to tighten things up with the squad. How many different teams/formations did we see overall last season?

Also, the fact we signed the 6 players that we have brought so quickly - it was literally one after the other over a couple of weeks if I recall? Why would we do that if we were going to wait around to make sure we get the best deal?

It's obviously a possibility that we will bring in another player and it will be a very welcome treat - but I don't think it will happen, personally.

Edited by Tayls