Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I'll put this falcao myth to bed once again, we were never after him, we were never offered him, at the time he was at river plate angel was still at villa, angel recomended falcao to O'Neill. That was it.

It was this link that started the alarm bells for me with regards to O'Neill. We were linked to him in the press, to which it was reported that Martin said something along the lines of "It's news to me. I think we'd be looking a little closer to home".

Confirmed: Aston Villa scouts watched Sochaux's Ryad Boudebouz last night. Club would need €5m to sell the player. #AVFC #FCSM

Retweeted by Dominique COURDIER

Guy's well known enough in France.

That pretty much confirms our interest in him to be honest, very reliable source, even though its on Twitter. Still couldn't say if we will sign him or not, think it will be either him or Kiyotake if we manage to get rid of some of the bigger earners from the 'Bomb squad', a la Bent, Ireland and Given. Don't know much about him, but I didn't have a **** clue who Benteke was before 31st August lol. 

Edited by Avflife

Confirmed: Aston Villa scouts watched Sochaux's Ryad Boudebouz last night. Club would need €5m to sell the player. #AVFC #FCSM

That pretty much confirms our interest in him to be honest, very reliable source, even though its on Twitter. Still couldn't say if we will sign him or not, think it will be either him or Kiyotake if we manage to get rid of some of the bigger earners from the 'Bomb squad', a la Bent, Ireland and Given. Don't know much about him, but I didn't have a **** clue who Benteke was before 31st August lol. 

I imagine we watch a lot of players.

• Like 1

I imagine we watch a lot of players.

Yhyh obviously, but normally it isn't reported if we are or not, thinking that a bid is imminent.

Aston Villa want to sign Las Palmas Plantilla forward Jose Artiles Romero. (Marca)

Again, Lambert's transfer policy at work: We have matching pairs of Frenchmen, Danes, Irish. Next step matching pair of Spanishers.

Maybe we're after a matching pair of shisha smokers?

I'm a little worried for us defensively, but I think we're done with defensive transfers.

It's going to be another season of leaking goals, just hopefully not as many. When Okore gets up to speed, fingers crossed, we'll start to look a teeeny, tiinnyy bit more solid at the back.

I'd rather Kiyotake than Ryad .. 

btw I didn't see full matches from them .. Maybe Ryad couple of mins with Algerian team .. But from the clips .. I think we're missing someone like Kiyo more .. And tbh I think him being in the midfield could make me feel rest as if we're with the trio of Delph , Westwood and Sylla .. but with more creativity .. while with Ryad it seems to be like with Zog or Ireland ..

Shame we haven't signed any English players. Quite liked the policy of last season of signing young English players mixed with the odd foreign talent. Don't want us becoming the next Fulham or Newcastle

Shame we haven't signed any English players. Quite liked the policy of last season of signing young English players mixed with the odd foreign talent. Don't want us becoming the next Fulham or Newcastle

Newcastle are signing all from one country mostly ..

Anyway we've signed Steer .. lol .. ^_^

I agree.

Benteke aside, Westwood & Lowton have been 2 of our best signings from recent seasons. Bennet less so.

Why does it matter what nationality they are? It's better to simply just go for the best prospects we can (or what Lambert believes to be the best prospects). We've still got plenty of English players anyway.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

maybe Lambert has faith in some of the next gen guys to step up

or the lower league players are going for ridiculous money at moment

Edited by Zatman

In past yrs i was all for the English/UK born players playing for Villa as it almost had that prestige about it, these days i couldnt care less where they are from, infact almost every player we signed and then went on to cement a place in the England international team went on to leave us sharpish...over the last 3-4 yrs i've really started to get a dislike for the Enlgland team which i know is bad

• Like 1

In past yrs i was all for the English/UK born players playing for Villa as it almost had that prestige about it, these days i couldnt care less where they are from, infact almost every player we signed and then went on to cement a place in the England international team went on to leave us sharpish...over the last 3-4 yrs i've really started to get a dislike for the Enlgland team which i know is bad

Understand what you're saying there. Nowadays it seems the England camp is some kind of recruitment agency for the Top 4.

Anyway we've signed Steer .. lol .. ^_^

And Prynn :P

Looks like he's gone again though.

The Liam Prynn signing story has been posted up again, just for information, I am led to believe he has returned to Torquay United due to homesickness. This was mentioned by the Torquay manager at a fans forum and Prynn has been named on the list of Torquay United scholars. Whether he will come back, I don't know but I would doubt it.