Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Well, while I can feel like a proper dysmenorrhea to some people, I do confess that i'm ecclesiolatric about words. There is always the fear of sounding too verbigerative, then again, we shouldn't be totally latitudinarian about either, you know? We'd have a totally antithesis of structure and that wouldn't be obbligato to anyone's ears. Also, I am limivorous. Also, google is my best friend.

To answer your questions: Haha, sorry. And: no, it's probably not  :P

Took the words right out of my mouth.......well, everybodys mouth probably :huh:

dysmenorrhea: painful menstruation

eccloesiolatric: heavily involved in service

verb and latit thing: don't remember :blush:

antithesis: complete opposite

obbligato: music

limivorous: swallowing mud

Hopefully that explains it ;)

But since this discussion already has an interesting topic, let's get back to it... and sorry for my antithesis-like effort in that matter.

Edited by K-Carlsen

Well, while I can feel like a proper dysmenorrhea to some people, I do confess that i'm ecclesiolatric about words. There is always the fear of sounding too verbigerative, then again, we shouldn't be totally latitudinarian about either, you know? We'd have a totally antithesis of structure and that wouldn't be obbligato to anyone's ears. Also, I am limivorous. Also, google is my best friend.

To answer your questions: Haha, sorry. And: no, it's probably not  :P

http://i.imgur.com/ZcTIoyI.jpg

reminded me of this :)

any news on shifting the so called bomb squad ?

The Mail reckon Barry is available to leave city. Can't see him getting much game time next season there. Wages would be an issue for anyone interested, similar to us getting rid of Given. Would be great to have that experience in the squad but we are not short of CMs at the moment.

No thanks to Barry strikes me as exactly the type of signing that causes the problems we now have

I don't think we will go for someone like Barry but I don't agree Richard that he would be the type of signing that would cause the problems we have now.

The difference with Barry and the likes of Hutton, Ireland and to a lesser extent Bent and Given is the fact that he is still good enough to walk into our side and has the right attitude and leadership qualities. The guy was a regular in one of the best sides in the Prem last season and can still easily hold his own and walk into most teams in our division.

Like I said I don't see us going for him. One thing is for certain though unlike Hutton, Ireland, Bent and Given, Gareth Barry will either still be holding his own and playing regularly for Man City or at another club competing in the top third of the league.

• Like 1

For how long mark ? At 32 ? And how long a contract will he want on a huge salary? Maybe he can do it for 12 months, he never relied on pace so that won't be a problem I guess. No disputing he has quality now but in 3 or 4 years on the salary he is on? That's what I mean by the problems we now have with some members of the bomb squad

When we linked to Barry before, the most plausible option would be if we had Barry on a short contract with him taking a wage cut.

I'd be happy with that, and I imagine others would aswell, as he would be a good leader for our youngsters. However, it's not going to happen, is it?

We've already got lots of central midfielders and Barry will find somewhere else to play on more money than we would be prepared to offer him.

Quick google indicates that he doesn't want a seventh loan deal (seven!!!!!!! :o) but also looks like if going somewhere permanent might be toffees or the toon. Would love to see him in Clare n blue though personally.

EDIT: claret n blue (auto corrected)

Edited by AshVillain

im not sure if id take barry back. rather we stick to the program then start bringing in older players that wont be able to stay around for that long. Sure he can probably be good for a year maybe even two, but after that it will be a downhill slide. Give the youngsters gametime, have a little shittier midfield than one with barry in it for two years, then hopefully with some games behind their backs our youngsters will be on the same level as barry with more years ahead of them. 

now, over to a more important point. whos that blond girl on your avatar morpheus?! :wub: